Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth tests positive for Covid

Poor Queenie.  I just love her.  What a lady!  She is a tough old lady, I hope she pulls through without any complications.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

IMO, Charles would be happy if he was passed over and William became King. 

@Linmo 

Really?   I think it would be absolutely devastating for Charles if he was passed over,  for any reason.   Why would you think he would be happy?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm    If she lives  for another 10 years she will be 105 and Charles will be 83. When she made her promise to serve all of her life, people were not living to be 100 or even 95. Not a thought about dementia or being so frail that you can barely walk. Times change. There is no longer a British Empire. At this point Charles could pass before the Queen. If Charles does become king, I have a feeling that he will make changes in the monarchy. He has already talked about a slimmed down monarchy without all of the minor players hanging on to titles and freebies. He most likely sees the handwriting on the wall and knows for a monarchy to survive into the future changes have to be made. 

But whatever it's not really my concern what they do. Just happy that we can enjoy the antics of the royals and not have to pay to support them. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Charles seems to have developed his own interests and passions.  Being King would force him to put those on the back burner and do the day to day formalities that would be required of him.  Given that he's in his early 70's, he may wish to continue living the type of lifestyle that he has grown accustomed to.  

Honored Contributor

I actually think Charles would be a great King.  He is an interestng person.  The years have mellowed me toward him and Camilla a bit.   That said, I love the idea of having a Queen, not a King.   Something more regal and comforting about a Queen...or maybe it is just Elizabeth. She really has been an honorable and kind Queen. Concidering the  age she came from, and her life bound my duty and strict protocol   They were the last of the stiff upper lip royals.  New Royals wll be  alittle less formal..especially William!

Respected Contributor

In any event, unless protocol is changed, Prince Charles would need to abdicate the throne to William when the Queen either steps down or passes.  I don't think the Queen would change that.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

In any event, unless protocol is changed, Prince Charles would need to abdicate the throne to William when the Queen either steps down or passes.  I don't think the Queen would change that.

With the most recent mention of what Camilla should be called when the time comes, I don't think Charles has any intention of stepping down.  (Especially since I believe he asked the Queen to make those comments about Camilla's future title.)

Valued Contributor

Everyone on the planet is aware of this.

I'm sure that she has been given he medication available following a positive test

Perhaps she should not have been socializing & entertaining people while unmasked! There are numerous photos of her interacting w/ people! 

I wish her the very best- A speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

I'm sure that she has been given he medication available following a positive test

Perhaps she should not have been socializing & entertaining people while unmasked! There are numerous photos of her interacting w/ people! 

Your comment comes across as a scold.  FYI, you're late to the party.  This thread was started over a week ago when it was "news."  At that time not "everyone on the planet" was aware.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

@PhillyGirl23 

Last week the story was that the queen "was being closely monitored".   I think this story is just to remove the spotlight from Andrew.  The royals are very good at that.