Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth’s Lady-in-Waiting

What a wonderful woman, and a privilege for her to be a Lady in Waiting.  However, I was surprised that she is not paid.  I am sure she has many perks, but she is providing a full time service, and I think she should be paid, whether she needs the money or not.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Hello magazine says that all the ladies in waiting come from wealthy families, never retire, and serve for life.  Sounds just like the Royal family for the most part.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20210419111336/queen-ladies-in-waiting-unpaid-no-salary/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Volunteering takes on a whole new meaning with the Lady-In-Waiting for the Queen!!!

Trusted Contributor

She sounds like a perfect lady!

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

She's being credited with showing the newcomers the ropes.  Apparrently she's the first point of contact and would need to go through her to get to the queen.  I'm wondering if she is the person who told Meghan that it was not possible to help her when Meghan asked for help more than once.

We can only speculate because none of us were privy to any type of conversations but in my opinion Meghan is a person who would never ask for help.  She got what she wanted and played the part well for a Class B/C actress.  

I worked with a woman who was poor me mentality and seriously it's exhausting and surprising no one saw her true colors.

Trusted Contributor

The Dutchess of Grafton was a Lady of the Bedchamber to the Queen between 1953 and 1966, and she has been Mistress of the Robes since 1967.

Do the math.