Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth's 2020 Christmas Speech

@Pearlee. Her Majesty's message was well done as always.  Imo, I think everything that has happened this past year concerning her family as well as the pandemic has weighed greatly on her.  It's also possible that the Queen is missing her family all gathering at Sandringham for the holidays.

I do hope she is well.  I have always admired her strength and dedication to duty.

Honored Contributor

I just watched it.  I thought it was her usual heartfelt speech and she looked remarkably well.  I just think her mood was somber, understandably, given the year we've all had.

Respected Contributor

I'm watching season 1 of The Crown and I realized the other night that I don't think I've ever heard Queen Elizabeth actually speak.   I'll have to check out this one.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I just watched it.  I thought it was her usual heartfelt speech and she looked remarkably well.  I just think her mood was somber, understandably, given the year we've all had.

@Venezia 

I just finished watching it and thought the same thing. This year has been like no other. Her speech was appropriately different than usual.

The queen is unique in the world in her lifelong dedication, service, and sacrifice for her country. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought that the Queen did a nice job as always with her Christmas speech. She looked healthy too. This has been such a trying year for everyone including the Queen. I'm sure that she misses cutting loose with her family at Sandringham.

Respected Contributor

I caught part of her speech and thought her tone was appropriate.  She had a steady on and look forward air.  Which is what is needed at this time.   It may have been thought bad form to tout her own happy family moments with SO MANY of her subjects dealing with the loss of their loved ones.  May all have a blessed season and hopeful new year.

Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

I caught part of her speech and thought her tone was appropriate.  She had a steady on and look forward air.  Which is what is needed at this time.   It may have been thought bad form to tout her own happy family moments with SO MANY of her subjects dealing with the loss of their loved ones.  May all have a blessed season and hopeful new year.

I agree ! Smiley Happy