Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth's 2020 Christmas Speech

I thought the Queen looked and sounded very lethargic, with no animation at all. The entire speech dealt with the pandemic. She usually includes something personal in her speeches about herself and her family but did not this year.  William, Charles and Kate were shown very briefly in video clips. 

I hope the Queen is well.  She really did seem to lack energy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth's 2020 Christmas Speech

She's old and probably tired.  I imagine being out of the public eye for most of the past year has been a huge relief for her.  That, and the fact that the family has been relatively peaceful, has given her a reprieve

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think she did a wonderful job, especially for a 94-year-old.  I also enjoyed the images and videos that were shown during her speech.  She set the right tone, which couldn't have been easy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr   I agree.  I thought her message was perfect and the video was beautifully produced.

Honored Contributor

My comment was primarily about the delivery, not the message itself although it was unusual that there were no personal touches this year.

@judy0330 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  Yes.  I actually said to my husband that The Queen looked tired.  I passed it off to being 94 years old and having had a difficult year.  I found it interesting that she only had a picture of Prince Philip.  I thought perhaps because every time she speaks surrounded by family pictures there is criticism about whomever is left out.  The last time it was Harry and Meghan.  Enyoy your holidays!

Super Contributor

With each passing year, my appreciation for the Queen's life of service and my admiration for her increases. As I get older, my perspective  & frame of reference for what her unwavering commitment to the vow she made as a young woman has meant through the decades and our changing world.

For me, the Queen represents the values of duty, honor, loyalty, character, service and love of country that seem to have fallen by the wayside in our culture of personality. I am heartened every time I see or read a report on her outings. 
If she is tired, she has every reason to be. God save the Queen.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

With each passing year, my appreciation for the Queen's life of service and my admiration for her increases. As I get older, my perspective  & frame of reference for what her unwavering commitment to the vow she made as a young woman has meant through the decades and our changing world.

For me, the Queen represents the values of duty, honor, loyalty, character, service and love of country that seem to have fallen by the wayside in our culture of personality. I am heartened every time I see or read a report on her outings. 
If she is tired, she has every reason to be. God save the Queen.

@cantdrive55 

What a lovely post!  I totally agree

I find her an inspiration and I really loved this year's message!!

My prayers are with her always for a continued long and super inspiring reign!!

HeartHeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't be surprised if being out and about energizes her.  She always looked so happy when appearing at events.  Hopefully, she'll get her bounce back when she can be out again.  

Frequent Contributor

My BF and I love her. We didn't always, but watching The Crown, taught us so much we never knew. We have watched all that there is to watch.