Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth at Opening of Exhibition Commemorating 200th Birthday of Queen Victoria

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ms traditional  A beautiful exhibit--thanks for posting!  I like the Queen in a print, which she normally does not wear.

The Queen does look lovely in print dresses,. I think she wears them frequently, but usually under a solid coat or jacket.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth at Opening of Exhibition Commemorating 200th Birthday of Queen Victoria

Beautiful dress.  Really like the color and style.  

Respected Contributor

The style and color of Quern Elizabeth‘s dress is quite flattering. Lovely share.
Respected Contributor

Beautiful

Contributor

Actually, Elizabeth is Victoria’s great-great-granddaughter.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional 

Thanks!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional 

Lovely pictures.  Thank you!

Several weeks ago I happened to catch the end of a program that recreated Victoria and Albert's wedding.

All the details were exacting....the room, fashions, food.  Really fascinating to see.

I wish I could remember exactly what the program was so I could look for it again on TV!  But, it was just wonderful....and it went on to talk about Victoria's reflection on her wedding night.  All recorded in her diary.

Honored Contributor

Ok; I'll say it.  She needs a better bra with some hoisting power.

Other than that, she always looks good.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon Remember when the Queen had to fire her bra fitter for talking about her fittings in a book?Maybe things haven't been the same in that department ever since 😁

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ms traditional 

Lovely pictures.  Thank you!

Several weeks ago I happened to catch the end of a program that recreated Victoria and Albert's wedding.

All the details were exacting....the room, fashions, food.  Really fascinating to see.

I wish I could remember exactly what the program was so I could look for it again on TV!  But, it was just wonderful....and it went on to talk about Victoria's reflection on her wedding night.  All recorded in her diary.

@Witchy Woman  i saw that!  it was fascinating.  it was on PBS:  "Victoria & Albert:The Wedding."  it was in 2 parts - and depending on your station you may be able to stream on pbs.org