Super Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth and Duchess of Sussex on first outing together

Am I the only one who noticed?  Meghan isn't wearing a hat & she is carrying a purse like the Queen always does.

Honored Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed?  Meghan isn't wearing a hat & she is carrying a purse like the Queen always does.

I noticed.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom@I thought that dress looked uncomfortable.I mean how could you lift your arms.I agree though that they both looked happy and enjoying their time together.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful photos, btw.

I love that shade/tint of green.  Modified chartreuse green.  (We each see colors different(ly), especially greens.  From what I've been told.) 

As soon as I have time, I think I'll print one or two.

As others have said, I don't think that I've ever seen the Queen smiling so much.  It feels good to see her smile. Heart

She has worked hard practically all of her life.  I believe she drove a military Jeep during the War. 

Not an easy life for most people, no matter how priviledged she's been.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Serena Sue wrote:

I noticed.

She is carrying her purse "the royal way." That way, she won't have to shake anyone's hand. I think I read that somewhere. The Queen uses hers as a signal to her guards. She switches from hand to hand, puts it down, and picks it up - and it all means something! Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the dress right away.  Thought it was beautiful and perfect for her beautiful form. The belt matched her purse.  Loved the matching cape over her shoulders too,  I'm sure it's very easy to move in as it looks like a knit.  

Honored Contributor

I would have liked the dress without that top thing and just sleeves.  It lookes bizarre and uncomfortable to me.  Made her look sort of swaddled or closed off.  

Goodness if you are royalty you don't have to wear something that wears you.

Trusted Contributor

They sold capes like that believe it or not at qvc.  

Honored Contributor

That is one gorgeous train.

Honored Contributor

Love Meghan's dress.  It seems that the Queen and Meghan are getting along just fine.  It's refreshing to see and it is good to see the Queen smiling so much.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength