Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth and Duchess of Sussex on first outing together

D5A976A8-0EFB-4BCF-82D1-D84C212D9CD2.jpegE59D8E6A-A34F-478B-8002-56DA92277C34.jpeg523FCDF7-98F2-449C-8F95-BFD915FEB131.jpeg3927F35E-4EB0-4AEA-BCF8-CAC873293227.jpeg7E7BCC62-4AA2-4C6B-A59D-C6C36E2BDCD5.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth and Duchess of Sussex on first outing together

[ Edited ]

Wow, the new Duchess sure seems to be bringing out that long hidden smile from Queen Elizabeth. How nice to see it!

Respected Contributor

Absolutely adorable, very sweet and totally endearing........

They seem as comfortable with each other as I was with my Grandmother.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

Wow, the new Duchess sure seems to be bringing out that long hidden smile from Queen Elizabeth. How nice to see it!

@pupwhipped - You're so right! The Queen has a lovely smile and looks great. It's nice to see her enjoying herself and enjoying her granddaugher-in-law's company!

On the other hand, IMO, Meghan could have chosen another dress. I'm not crazy about the huge collar on it, and the dress has a lot of wrinkles in front from sitting. For a long trip, she could have chosen one that was a little more "flowy." JMHO of course! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I know this is one of those old "New-Agey" analyses, but I was someone who came of age in the '60s and so my invoking astrology at this time should not seem too terribly unexpected.

Queen Elizabeth's late younger sister, Margaret, was born under the sign of Leo just as Meghan was.  As I recall, sister Margaret was oftentimes referred to as "Meg" (but I won't swear to that), just as Meghan sometimes is. 

Perhaps there is something of known and familiar dynamics going on here.  The sisters were terrifically fond of one another, and Margaret was the more exciting of the two.  

Just fanciful conjecture here, but maybe the queen is reminded on a subconscious level of the past relationship that she loved so much.  On other levels, Meghan must be enjoyable as well.  She is a known Anglophile, appears to be eager to master her new role and, I would imagine, is agreeable company.  And the queen's grandson loves her!   That's enough to form a solid familial relationship.

Esteemed Contributor

Meghan fits right in there - not only fits in, but appears to be enjoying herself. How many people could do that?

Gotta give the girl credit.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess

Very sweet and heartwarming to see.

I love how the queen is always in bright colors and even her lipstick is colorful!

You can just catch a glimpse of her floral dress underneath.  

LOVE her pin!

@golding76

Even if there is nothing to what you say, I enjoy that idea.

Personal chemistry is a real mystery, but these two seem to have clicked.  I'm happy for both of them.

Respected Contributor

Lovely pictures I think they did a great job together.

My only comment is I wish Meghan would do something with her hair - pretty hair but just hanging in clumps and she is always touching it.  Loved her outfit.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@OKPrincess

Very sweet and heartwarming to see.

I love how the queen is always in bright colors and even her lipstick is colorful!

You can just catch a glimpse of her floral dress underneath.  

LOVE her pin!

@golding76

Even if there is nothing to what you say, I enjoy that idea.

Personal chemistry is a real mystery, but these two seem to have clicked.  I'm happy for both of them.

IMO Meghan is authentic. She has a lot to learn about protocol but she will do great like Kate. Both duchesses are right where they belong. Princess Diana would have been so proud of her family.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Witchy Woman,

Like you, I am deriving some measure of joy from seeing these two gals hit it off so well!  For me, Queen Ellizabeth always seemed so stuffy except when I read about her in relationship to sister Margaret, with grandson Harry, with her corgis and horses and (as has been hinted often) in the boudoir with Prince Philip.  She was always wild over Philip.

It is such a pleasure seeing these two women from extremely different backgrounds getting on.  I'm chalking it up to the "Sister Margaret Factor" (and magic and love).