Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth -- Wise as Solomon?

[ Edited ]

I knew in my bones that this marvelously balanced and strong woman would do better than simply "muddle through" her latest family challenge.  She has an eye to the future of the monarchy.  

This from Page Six of The New York Post:

The Queen has demanded Prince Harry and Meghan Markle strike a deal with the palace within “72 hours” to iron out the details of their stunning “Megxit,” according to a new report.

Queen Elizabeth, 93, gave the directive days before Prince Harry is set to make his first public appearance Tuesday in the wake of the couple’s shockwave decision to step back from royal life.

Following a day of meetings and phone calls over the dispute, the Queen instructed her aides Friday to “turn a crisis into an opportunity” by drafting a “workable solution” for a scaled-back role for Harry and Meghan.

The monarch hopes future royals who also desire a more modern arrangement can emulate the plan she establishes for Meghan and Harry, the Telegraph reported.

Harry, 35, will remain in the UK until a plan is ironed out, The Sun reported, noting that once he leaves, a return date is not guaranteed. He has yet to meet with his grandmother, older brother Prince William, and father Prince Charles, according to reports.

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth -- Wise as Solomon?

[ Edited ]

Not her first rodeo she lived thru the whole abdication business and even

allowed the 'King' and Wallis to be buried in England when he knew he was dying and asked her if he and she could be buried there. Seems like they're buried at Frogmore castle ? where Harry and M is living.

Buried: June 5, 1972, Royal Burial Ground, Frogmore

Super Contributor

The Queen should take away their titles, Royal money, and Frogmore house.  Then H&M can truly be on their own.  

Respected Contributor

This is just more gossip and speculation

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Does anyone really, really care if they stay or go?

It's like the saying on The Curse of Oak Island minus one - 6 people have to die before he can become king.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

JMO, All the talk in tabloids and press are rubbish. 

HRH Queen Elizabeth will tell us her decision when she is ready. 

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Does anyone really, really care if they stay or go?

It's like the saying on The Curse of Oak Island minus one - 6 people have to die before he can become king.

I do.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter , a lot of people are interested, and that's just the way it is.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Does Page Six remind anyone else of the ending of Men in Black when he scoops up all the tabloids and says that the truth is in them?

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I knew in my bones that this marvelously balanced and strong woman would do better than simply "muddle through" her latest family challenge.  She has an eye to the future of the monarchy.  

This from Page Six of The New York Post:

Isn't Page Six a gossip page?