Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth II Makes Me Smile. Love Her!

[ Edited ]

I smiled when I saw this recently snapped photo of Queen Elizabeth II.  For some reason I, like so many others, adore this woman.  Perhaps it is because she has always been present in my life and she always exudes dignity.  She is a delightful and familiar presence, and I hope she endures.

As we used to say, I "dig" her.

Royal Windsor Horse Show - Day 2

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Makes Me Smile. Love Her!

This has been a difficult time for the Queen. The loss of her husband, and covid. Not to mention the many family issues. All of this in the public eye. She is a beacon of light, strength and hope. 

Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth,

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Valued Contributor

Love her, she is a Royal Rock Star! Said in the utmost respect!🙏🌹💕

Respected Contributor

I saw her on GMA out and about this morning going to horse races or to see her horses. Looking good.

Honored Contributor

She is a wonderful and devoted woman of amazing courage and as far as I am concerned the role model of our time.  

I feel luck to have lived concurrent with the reign of the greatest Queen Elizabeth in the history of England.  I will say this is a far far diffeent era than the first Elizabethan era!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is a recent photo?  She looks amazing.  Love her smile. It is really genuine. Every time I see her handbag I think of George Carlin wanting to know what she does carry in that bag. Lol. Ever since then I wonder too.  What do you think she has? ID, wallet?  Or just lipstick, mirrors , comb and a phone?  
I just love her.  I can't help but always take note of her outfits that are so co ordinated

Honored Contributor

Just in the early morning hours, I awakened and watched a wonderful UK documentary featuring this beautiful Queen Elizabeth.  

She seemed somewhat serious as a child, and she and her father were very close. 

I don't recall the exact station/channel.  It was one of those newer ones that recently popped up.

I auto-scan my TV stations every couple of months, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

That is a recent photo?  She looks amazing.  Love her smile. It is really genuine. Every time I see her handbag I think of George Carlin wanting to know what she does carry in that bag. Lol. Ever since then I wonder too.  What do you think she has? ID, wallet?  Or just lipstick, mirrors , comb and a phone?  
I just love her.  I can't help but always take note of her outfits that are so co ordinated

@shoekitty  That George C bit was funny.  I learned once that her handbag is more of a signal to the secret service and others for different reasons as to what she does with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I so admire her.  She worked along with her Mother and Father during WW2 and showed a lot of strength and character.  It shows in how she has led Britain.