Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Barbie Doll

There are a lot of Barbie collectors out there...and they are probably already lining up for this one. They will show up on Ebay soon. I think this doll has a real likeness to the queen. The face does resemble her, but of course she still has the usual Barbie body that no real human could have.

Honored Contributor

I think she'll get a kick out of it. She has a great sense of humor. Remember, she parachuted out of a plane in a James Bond move. Sort of. 

Trusted Contributor

Although it was released to commemorate her 70 yrs on the throne, I don't think it was meant to depict her as she is today.  I think it was well done and agree HRM would be amused.

Valued Contributor

Length of neck and size of head are not in proportion to body.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless you are willing to pay hundreds for this doll or unless Mattel does another run and has a lottery for available stock, forget about getting this.  On Mattel's site many are saying that Wal-Mart and Target never got any ( but check out the prices on EBay).

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted the First Barbie from Day of the Dead but the stores never had it and eBay prices are crazy.

Honored Contributor

Her face and figure resemble a young Queen Elizabeth.

I believe if the doll's hair was more similar to her younger years (brunette), it would be something that I'd be interested in purchasing if I were a serious doll collector.

However, it's a beautiful collector's item. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I think Queen Elizabeth is good looking just like she is.   But Barbie is Barbie, that's where The Queen in this case got that swan neck and hour glass figure

Respected Contributor

Love it!  The gown needs to be more intricate, though. And she needs her purse.

Trusted Contributor

I just found out this doll is now available on the Mattel website for 75.00.  Woo-hoo!

doll.jpg