Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Camilla and Her History with Others in the Royal Family

@tarsmom wrote:

All interesting viewpoints.....

But, I differ on the Diana observation......to me, having been just a few years older than her and learning later about the Camilla thing, who wouldn't cheat if your own stinking husband didn't love you?  She was ignorant and innocent and it sounds like she was a "suitable" wife for Charles.  He doesn't appear warm, friendly or loving (except I guess with the woman he DID love in the first place).  I read that Prince Philip didn't want him to marry Camilla.  Ugh! Who wants their parents telling them how to feel and who to love?

I think Diana with her eating disorder and throwing herself down the stairs was because she was STUCK.  Well, guess what folks? The people LOVED Diana and I believe that infuriated Charles because she was so personable and genuine and he was an old dolt!

How sad for her kids to know that their dad didn't love their mother!  Disgusting!

I agree. Except I don't think there's ever a good excuse for an affair. I think they should have divorced first before seeing other people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

When you're rich and royal, you don't have to play by the rules.

Esteemed Contributor

If this was hundreds of years ago the Royal pretenders would raise an army and try to seize power for themselves.  They were always plotting back then.  

I was reading about all the castles and "cottages" the Royals own.  Way too much wealth to my mind. Way too much.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote
I was reading about all the castles and "cottages" the Royals own.  Way too much wealth to my mind. Way too much. Woman Very Happy

I'll be happy to help by taking some of it off their hands...hee hee Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I need to corrext an error.  Queen Anne's second marriage was in the Church of Scotland.

Respected Contributor

I am amazed at how many books are coming out in the next few weeks. All will be exposing "scandals" involving the royals. Levin is a credible author from what I understand, but many others are coming out with outrageous accusations and plain gossip. i won't be buying or reading any of them. Buckingham Palace is particularly upset about a soon-to-be-aired episode of "The Crown" on Netflix; it will be going after The Camilla/Charles/Diana triangle...and I hate that Harry and William have to hear these things said about their parents, especially their mother, when they are in the midst of a major loss in their family. Netflix has no shame. I hope Harry doesn't add to the fray by releasing his own book now.