Reply
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,754
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Quarantined Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

[ Edited ]

4B40F0ED-0B8B-4B17-8E3C-EE2DF510FE06.jpegAn Aussie couple quarantined on the Diamond Princess off the coast of Japan ordered wine delivered by drone. Those Aussies know how to make the best of the situation. There are currently 174 people aboard that have tested positive for the coronavirus.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone


@Mindy D wrote:

An Aussie couple quarantined on the Diamond Princess off the coast of Japan ordered wine delivered by drone. Those Aussies know how to make the best of the situation. There are currently 174 people aboard that have tested positive for the coronavirus.  


@Mindy D   Who knew?  A rerun of the Thurston Howells.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 43,311
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

They may be on that darn ship for the next year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone


@Kachina624 wrote:

They may be on that darn ship for the next year.


@Kachina624  In which case, I would need more than just a bottle if I heard that.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,781
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

[ Edited ]

The fact that Ozzies ordered it is a hoot! One cruise, in particular, that we were on went from Oahu to Sydney.  At least 50% of passengers were from Australia (we ran out of Fosters beer and Vegemite); Ozzies invented partying.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone


@Patbz wrote:

The fact that Ozzies ordered it is a hoot! One cruise, in particular, that we were on went from Oahu to Sydney.  At least 50% of passengers were from Australia (we ran out of Fosters beer and Vegemite); Ozzies invented partying.


@Patbz 

 

In such a situation as this, I would quickly make friends with Ozzies.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,737
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

DH & I have been on many cruises and we were talking about how awful this quarantine is.

 

Then it occurred to me, how safe Is this quarantine, unless they continue to use drones?  After all, the crew members are also stuck onboard, and whose to say having them continue to service cabin after cabin won't make it easier to spread this virus?  Not to mention the poor crew members are more at risk than anyone...

Denise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,801
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Quarantined Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

🤣🤣🤣🤣🍷🍷

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,621
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

DH & I have been on many cruises and we were talking about how awful this quarantine is.

 

Then it occurred to me, how safe Is this quarantine, unless they continue to use drones?  After all, the crew members are also stuck onboard, and whose to say having them continue to service cabin after cabin won't make it easier to spread this virus?  Not to mention the poor crew members are more at risk than anyone...


@denisemb and that would mean those who would be serving the cabin members, who from my experience are from all over the Middle and Far East, would be at greater risk and put others at greater risk than one would like.  C'est la vie.  Are they going to demand everyone remain in their cabins and starve to death?  Should the staff wear masks to prevent their germs from spreading to cabin members, masks which they change from one cabin to the next?  There is no perfection.  Doctors and whistle blowers in China are dying as well.  Not everyone lives in war time (not even in the First Gulf War) and this may be what this is like.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,921
Registered: ‎05-11-2013

Re: Quarantined Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

There is not enough wine anywhere that would help me if I were trapped on that ship.

 

I would be climbing the walls not being able to leave.

 

As much as I love the ocean and the idea of a cruise, nope, they are floating petri dishes.