Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Quarantined Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

Wine and lots of it certainly couldn't hurt when you are imprisoned.  Luxury cabin or not, it's still a floating prison.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary wrote:

There is not enough wine anywhere that would help me if I were trapped on that ship.

I would be climbing the walls not being able to leave.

As much as I love the ocean and the idea of a cruise, nope, they are floating petri dishes.  

I'm with you on that one.  I have known more than one person who has come down with gi bug while on a cruise and spent a few days of their cruise puking their guts out. No cruises for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd have ordered disinfectants/detergent first.  If I'm going to be stuck in a room, I want to clean it real good.  May look pretty to you in the picture, but, uh, cruise/hotel rooms are petri dishes to begin with.

And you only pack so much for a vacation, so I'd want to be able to wash out my clothes, too.  Not wear the same things over and over.  Ugh.

The drone is a good idea for getting food delivered and yes, wine and spirits, too.  As long as who ever packed up your goodies wasn't a carrier.....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chrystaltree wrote:

@Retired Legal Secretary wrote:

There is not enough wine anywhere that would help me if I were trapped on that ship.

I would be climbing the walls not being able to leave.

As much as I love the ocean and the idea of a cruise, nope, they are floating petri dishes.  

I'm with you on that one.  I have known more than one person who has come down with gi bug while on a cruise and spent a few days of their cruise puking their guts out. No cruises for me.

@Retired Legal Secretary   @Chrystaltree 

You don't know what you are missing........

I took a cruise around the world and loved every minute of it. 

It took almost 1 yr on board  

Something I will never forget and I'm soooo thankfull I did!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma  I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.  I still have no interest in going on a ship with thousands of healthy people I don't know, much less possibly getting trapped with sick people.  I dislike crowds and they are floating cities.

I might consider a river cruise, they seem to have a lot fewer people.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary 

River cruses are wonderful .

Many are only 1 day too............

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quarantines Aussie couple order wine delivered by drone

@denisemb wrote:

DH & I have been on many cruises and we were talking about how awful this quarantine is.

Then it occurred to me, how safe Is this quarantine, unless they continue to use drones?  After all, the crew members are also stuck onboard, and whose to say having them continue to service cabin after cabin won't make it easier to spread this virus?  Not to mention the poor crew members are more at risk than anyone...

It's no longer a cruise. People have to clean up after themselves now. The services they paid for are no longer in effect. The crew members are busy taking care of themselves and doing what needs to be done to keep the ship afloat.

There's a guy who vlogs every day from his cabin. I think he said the experience is like being trapped in your bathroom.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr