Honored Contributor

Re: Quality and Convenience?

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@10000thnickname wrote:

I'm remembering now why I stayed away from here for so long.

Some folks can't tell the difference between complaining about a shopping channel and complaining about a real person posting here. There's a difference. Sigh. My gosh.

Not hard to see why this country is in the mess it is in. If we can't be nice to each other on a forum about a shopping channel, we are circling the drain, folks.

Controlling my health with my cancer is more important to me than this silliness. 
Holy smokes. At least now I remember why i stayed away.
God bless.

I agree with you, @10000thnickname.   When reading various threads, it's pretty easy to see the difference between "attacking" the topic vs. "attacking" other posters.

I was lucky to have a wonderful mentor who taught me that if we want others to actually hear our point of view we present it in a respectful way.   Not with insults, snarkasm, name-calling or labels, or mockery of those who have other perspectives -- all that does is close ears, minds, and hearts (and it inevitably gets threads poofed and some really interesting, valuable posters have left the forums, too, as a direct result of this).

We do so well when we go after the subject matter with as much vigor as we want...  but we achieve nothing useful when we try to debase the other people in the conversation.   That is, unless the goal is to pot-stir and insult, but that's another issue and in fact it only reflects on those who do it and says nothing about the people they target.   Just watching the various threads we can see...  really we can feel...  the difference between the two styles of posting.

I've seen your thoughtful contributions, I appreciate them and I appreciate you, and I hope you'll reconsider, stay here, and just try to put the negativity on mental ignore.   My prayers for you, for your health, and for a  hopeful and positive future, @10000thnickname❤️️

@dooBdoo 

Very well said...Woman Very Happy Heart..  back in the ancient days when Forums first started in the 80's-(anyone remember Prodigy) -they called them News Groups or Bulletin Boards back then...a wise Board Leader told our group the same thing.....attack THE TOPIC not THE PERSON....Good advice....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Spurt  Only because complaining here will, IMO, have no impact.  Complain to the higher ups directly.  But I guess the complainers are looking for company and reinforcement.

@kaydee50 

So I guess that's why Alberti mentioned recently on air...."we heard there were comments on the Forums about ...."

@Spurt,  I saw a discussion about that, I saw the show and he referred to Facebook comments rather than the forums.   I've heard Antonella mention the "Facebook forums" a few times now and I think it's probably a source of some confusion.   There was a video, but the product has since been presented by other hosts and when I looked at it later it had been replaced.   End result, though, regardless of the source is that someone is reading social media reactions, and that probably is a good thing!😊

(Hope you don't mind my off-topic postscript...  I've been wanting to tell you that really do miss your witty, bright, perceptive weekly Q Talk threads.   I'm sure they're a lot of work, and we probably didn't appreciate you enough for all the time and effort invested in them...  but they were such fun to read and one of the colorful, light-hearted oases we look for on the forums.   You and your threads are a Community staple, a respected and valued tradition, and I hope you'll find a way to resume them even if in a modified version.❤️   

Apologies to everyone for the off-topic comment.)

@dooBdoo 

My comments bringing in Facebook is to show that despite certain opinions, QVC IS asking for, wants, and is using customer feedback via social media....whether it be the Forums, Facebook, or the Feedback Tool..... Now what suggestions QVC choses to simply ignore or implement is......well......up to QVC....And its unrealistic to think every suggestion or comment will be implemented and we realize that also...

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my Q Did What-Weekend Critter Preview.....  it is very time consuming but also another factor was that I ran out of new material and photos and what to say because of the same ole, same ole repetitive QVC and few changes in what I had to work with because so much of it had already been done week after week, month after month..... The Preview was a victim of QVC's stale programming....Cat Sad  Who knows I might bring it back at a later date..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I would like to add to this discussion that it prompted me to look at several of the forums to see just how many threads have popped up regarding the overnight TSV repeat experiment. There are discussions on multiple forums and very few, if any, are positive. I seldom watched the overnight programming but I did check the programming guide and occasionally bought a clearance item. Usually the late night shows had quite a bit of clearance. The shear number of negative threads should be noted by management. The savings offset will likely determine if this is the new normal, but there is a long-term PR perception that may be detrimental--that the business is in troub!e.

I mentioned in another discussion that the subliminal message this change sends is that they are no longer able to afford 24/7 programming. It also tells me that TSV pricing and selection is not what it used to be. I bought an amethyst ring that sold out within the first 10 minutes of airing at midnight. I know that is an exception, but it wasn't unusual for TSVs to be gone during the night. That doesn't happen anymore, so they can air the TSV hour repeatedly without worry. They used to separate themselves from their competitors by bragging about their 24/7 programming. That's done too. This change sends the message that QVC needs to cut expenses and is struggling, which hardly instills confidence in shoppers.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Spurt  Only because complaining here will, IMO, have no impact.  Complain to the higher ups directly.  But I guess the complainers are looking for company and reinforcement.

@kaydee50 

So I guess that's why Alberti mentioned recently on air...."we heard there were comments on the Forums about ...."

@Spurt,  I saw a discussion about that, I saw the show and he referred to Facebook comments rather than the forums.   I've heard Antonella mention the "Facebook forums" a few times now and I think it's probably a source of some confusion.   There was a video, but the product has since been presented by other hosts and when I looked at it later it had been replaced.   End result, though, regardless of the source is that someone is reading social media reactions, and that probably is a good thing!😊

(Hope you don't mind my off-topic postscript...  I've been wanting to tell you that really do miss your witty, bright, perceptive weekly Q Talk threads.   I'm sure they're a lot of work, and we probably didn't appreciate you enough for all the time and effort invested in them...  but they were such fun to read and one of the colorful, light-hearted oases we look for on the forums.   You and your threads are a Community staple, a respected and valued tradition, and I hope you'll find a way to resume them even if in a modified version.❤️   

@dooBdoo 

My comments bringing in Facebook is to show that despite certain opinions, QVC IS asking for, wants, and is using customer feedback via social media....whether it be the Forums, Facebook, or the Feedback Tool..... Now what suggestions QVC choses to simply ignore or implement is......well......up to QVC....And its unrealistic to think every suggestion or comment will be implemented and we realize that also...

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my Q Did What-Weekend Critter Preview.....  it is very time consuming but also another factor was that I ran out of new material and photos and what to say because of the same ole, same ole repetitive QVC and few changes in what I had to work with because so much of it had already been done week after week, month after month..... The Preview was a victim of QVC's stale programming....Cat Sad  Who knows I might bring it back at a later date..

You're welcome @Spurt.   I hadn't thought of that -- about the stale programming creating a vacuum for your creative threads -- but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense.   And definitely time-consuming, so I hope you know you were and are appreciated.😻    I agree about social media, even though it's a wee bit hard to keep up with or to quantify, it's a good source of information for business.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@10000thnickname wrote:

I'm remembering now why I stayed away from here for so long.

Some folks can't tell the difference between complaining about a shopping channel and complaining about a real person posting here. There's a difference. Sigh. My gosh.

Not hard to see why this country is in the mess it is in. If we can't be nice to each other on a forum about a shopping channel, we are circling the drain, folks.

Controlling my health with my cancer is more important to me than this silliness. 
Holy smokes. At least now I remember why i stayed away.
God bless.

I agree with you, @10000thnickname.   When reading various threads, it's pretty easy to see the difference between "attacking" the topic vs. "attacking" other posters.

I was lucky to have a wonderful mentor who taught me that if we want others to actually hear our point of view we present it in a respectful way.   Not with insults, snarkasm, name-calling or labels, or mockery of those who have other perspectives -- all that does is close ears, minds, and hearts (and it inevitably gets threads poofed and some really interesting, valuable posters have left the forums, too, as a direct result of this).

We do so well when we go after the subject matter with as much vigor as we want...  but we achieve nothing useful when we try to debase the other people in the conversation.   That is, unless the goal is to pot-stir and insult, but that's another issue and in fact it only reflects on those who do it and says nothing about the people they target.   Just watching the various threads we can see...  really we can feel...  the difference between the two styles of posting.

I've seen your thoughtful contributions, I appreciate them and I appreciate you, and I hope you'll reconsider, stay here, and just try to put the negativity on mental ignore.   My prayers for you, for your health, and for a  hopeful and positive future, @10000thnickname❤️️

@dooBdoo 

Very well said...Woman Very Happy Heart..  back in the ancient days when Forums first started in the 80's-(anyone remember Prodigy) -they called them News Groups or Bulletin Boards back then...a wise Board Leader told our group the same thing.....attack THE TOPIC not THE PERSON....Good advice....

Thanks, @Spurt!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

I would like to add to this discussion that it prompted me to look at several of the forums to see just how many threads have popped up regarding the overnight TSV repeat experiment. There are discussions on multiple forums and very few, if any, are positive. I seldom watched the overnight programming but I did check the programming guide and occasionally bought a clearance item. Usually the late night shows had quite a bit of clearance. The shear number of negative threads should be noted by management. The savings offset will likely determine if this is the new normal, but there is a long-term PR perception that may be detrimental--that the business is in troub!e.

I mentioned in another discussion that the subliminal message this change sends is that they are no longer able to afford 24/7 programming. It also tells me that TSV pricing and selection is not what it used to be. I bought an amethyst ring that sold out within the first 10 minutes of airing at midnight. I know that is an exception, but it wasn't unusual for TSVs to be gone during the night. That doesn't happen anymore, so they can air the TSV hour repeatedly without worry. They used to separate themselves from their competitors by bragging about their 24/7 programming. That's done too. This change sends the message that QVC needs to cut expenses and is struggling, which hardly instills confidence in shoppers.

@SunValley 

I think your right about the TSV's .....I tuned in late to ITKWD (waiting to watch the Valerie Parr Hill Show)....and after a sneek peak on Sunday, and being shown all day the Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer had only sold 11,000...with numerous presentations on ITKWD the end result was 16,000. doesnt seem like a whole lot....And then there's times they will bring the QV2 Big Deal to the main channel to present....it seems like another example of lackluster sales...And these slow selling TSVs and Big Deals always appear in David's  shows whether it be ITKWD or his Home Show..I guess if David can't sell it, no one can....And perhaps that's why there are so many presentations of the TSV....

The TSVs just aren't moving like QVC imagained or like TSVs used to.....Just like the show Im watching now where the Candle Impression lanterns that were a TSV at one time is STILL being presented ......And I see other former TSVs too....its like they are just trying to clear the warehouse and thinking Easy Pays will do it, which will not be enough of an enticement to many shoppers either.....

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 

@dooBdoo 

You're welcome @Spurt.   I hadn't thought of that -- about the stale programming creating a vacuum for your creative threads -- but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense.   And definitely time-consuming, so I hope you know you were and are appreciated.😻    I agree about social media, even though it's a wee bit hard to keep up with or to quantify, it's a good source of information for business.

@dooBdoo 

I appreciate your kind comments about The Previews....

And your probably right Alberti might have mentioned Facebook instead of the Forums....I wasnt giving the presentation my full attention since I wasnt interested in the product, but my ears did perk up when he did mention the change was due to comments from customers....