Esteemed Contributor

QVC2 BIG DEAL - THIS BUGS ME

So I see the QVC 2 big deal are Denim and Co. french terry shorts, item

# 351340 for $17.12.

These are the exact same shorts sold as a TSV on April 16, item # 351537 for $24.96.  I bought 3 pairs that day.

Isn't the deal with TSVs that the price will never be lower for the next six months?  Does QVC think that we are going to be fooled by putting it on QVC2 and changing the item #?

I think this is very deceptive on the part of QVC.  Am I wrong?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 BIG DEAL - THIS BUGS ME

@Puppy LipsI do think you're confusing TSV and One Day Only price guarantees.  Hope someone who knows can tell you for sure.

Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

So I see the QVC 2 big deal are Denim and Co. french terry shorts, item

# 351340 for $17.12.

These are the exact same shorts sold as a TSV on April 16, item # 351537 for $24.96.  I bought 3 pairs that day.

Isn't the deal with TSVs that the price will never be lower for the next six months?  Does QVC think that we are going to be fooled by putting it on QVC2 and changing the item #?

I think this is very deceptive on the part of QVC.  Am I wrong?

@Puppy Lips

In  my understanding this 6 month thing goes just for ONE TIME ONLY, not for BIG DIEAL or TSV.

Valued Contributor

I honestly don't think the Q forecast's that far in advance what the Big Deals will be, meaning, they don't know in April what a Big Deal will be in July. Absolutely irritating especially if you purchased them when they were a TSV, I'm sure. Imagine how the hosts feel - they're the people that said we won't see a lower price for 6 months, then it changes. I think there is a surplus and want to unload them before the fall season starts, so they discounted the items even farther.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips   I thought the same thing about TSVs.  I also see my size in the 8” shorts (the 11” are too long for me as a petite) are sold out so I guess I won’t be buying. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe one day only is the price that won't be lower for six months.  I see it the same as the stores.  You buy something and it's lower 32 days later.  If the price seemed fair, go with it.  Can't always second guess what's going to happen.

Honored Contributor

they do not promote the TSV as being the lowest price for six months.

it is also not written on the website.

Today's Special Value®

Every day, we pick one special item and offer it at an extra-special value that day. It's an item we believe you'll love. And we love telling the story behind it. Today's Special Value. More than a daily deal. The best find of the day®!

One Day Only Price®

One of the many surprises and delights about shopping QVC is the opportunity to take advantage of our One Day Only Price on select items. A One Day Only Price pops up unexpectedly and offers a savings off of the QVC Price that's only valid until the end of the day or until the item has sold out, whichever occurs first.* It's the lowest price you'll see on that item for six months. But our One Day Only Price goes up at the end of the day, so shop early to save.

*Select items with a One Day Only Price may be previewed or pre-sold in advance.

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/pricing-offer-information.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The price drop so soon is annoying for those who bought these shorts not too long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, my bad I guess, for misunderstanding.  Still, you know they are making money on the lower price, so bragging about such a great TSV price when they end up selling it for so much lower a mere 3 months later is rather, oh, I don't know the word.

As I said, I bought three of them.  They are okay.  But I remember thinking that I could have found them in the stores for much less, probably for about $15 - 17.  I hate shopping in stores for clothes, so I guess I am paying way too much for the convenience of QVC.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

There is a fashion warehouse clearance event going on. The Big Deal shorts are on clearance, as is Lisa Rinna's TSV. Both were previous TSV's. As other posters have pointed out, TSV's are not guaranteed to not be lower in 6 months, only ODO's are. The hosts do not say TSV prices will not be lower in six months. I think viewers are getting the 2 confused.