Esteemed Contributor

QVC wants to share on Facebook?

Surely I have this wrong. I ordered some LDO trouser socks and had the opportunity to share or not share my order (or perhaps my "like") on Facebook? I've never had that happen before and am glad that I requested to review my order on Speed Buy. Maybe I read this wrong? Has anyone else noticed this? Hopefully it's a big nothing and I read it wrong.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC wants to share on Facebook?

You can opt out. It is not mandatory.

It is another new way of marketing that is becoming popular. Not only with QVC.

They figure if you put a post "I just bought (insert item) on QVC!" other people will say "oh I like that" and then trot over and look at it, and  perhaps buy it.

Amazon has been doing it too.

I opt out of everything.

Honored Contributor

I don’t recall that I’ve paid attention when buying from QVC specifically (seems like I remember seeing this, though, vaguely), but quite a few websites do this now. You have to sign in with/give the website/company access to your FB page - something I would NEVER do because my FB page is my real name and I don’t use my real name anywhere else, nor would I ever.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

You can opt out. It is not mandatory.

It is another new way of marketing that is becoming popular. Not only with QVC.

They figure if you put a post "I just bought (insert item) on QVC!" other people will say "oh I like that" and then trot over and look at it, and  perhaps buy it.

Amazon has been doing it too.

I opt out of everything.

Well, you can TRY to opt out.  That's been my experience at least. 

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1   Surely you'd like your friends to know that you get your socks from QVC  as opposed to say,......Walmart?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment