Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC to close Rocky Mount warehouse

It may not be a smooth transition but Q has distribution centers in SC, VA and PA on the east coast.  Maybe others between the east coast and the Ontario, CA center.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

It seems there's a chance for Rocky Mount employees.  This is from Entrepeneur:

"A Worker Adjustment Retraining and Notification (WARN) notification released Wednesday reveals that 1,953 people will be laid off because of the closure of a QVC distribution center in North Carolina following a large fire. The fire happened last month, damaging most of the facility and killing one person.

Though the report indicates that the center is permanently closed, a company spokesperson says this is not necessarily the case.

“The WARN notification to the state and local governmental officials is a federal obligation based on the loss of employment by our team members at this time, and it allows the various state agencies to begin to extend valuable assistance to our team members," the spokesman said in a statement.

According to a letter obtained by WRAL, workers are expected to be terminated from employment starting February 1, with all terminations expected to occur by mid-2022. QVC told McClatchy News it would start giving “separation benefits” to affected workers during this time. 

“We are still assessing the impact of the fire and, while we haven’t made any long-term decisions about the site, we already know the building will be closed for an extended period and there will not be work there for the team for the foreseeable future,” a spokesperson wrote in an email to WRAL.

The distribution center is one of Rocky Mount, N.C.'s largest employers."

Honored Contributor

That 30% (and then some) is probably from me.

I can't remember but I think my friend took 5 huge boxes to the post office.

I go back and forth between a 1 and 2X.  All of the clothes are 2X.  Many of the blouses are huge...I mean huge.

The only reason I go to 2X is because sometimes there is a pull on the 1X blouses.

But when I loose weight a 1X fits.

Up until recently it has been very warm here.  Even trying on the clothes was too hot.

I'd try on one blouse that's 2X and if it's too big, I don't need to try on the others.

Anyway, it is so sad that so many people will be loosing their jobs.

I know people don't like doing it; but sometimes you have to move to another state to get a job.

It sounds like that will be the answer for some of them.