Super Contributor

Re: QVC’s Plan to Survive Amazon Might Actually Be Working

I've bought more from Ebay lately.  When I do buy from Amazon, it's my Subscribe & Save monthly order, or I have my son order it on his Prime account, then pay him back.

I recently ordered a modem from Amazon on his Prime. It sat for 8 days before shipping.  

I'm concerned about Amazon trying to take over everything, becoming a monopoly. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I definitely place more orders with QVC than Amazon.  I am one of the few not totally enamored with Amazon.   I do order from them but maybe twice a year.  I check prices and order from the best source. 

I have to laugh about those who applaud Amazon for their free s/h.  Amazon doesn't offer free s/h.  If you are a Prime member you are prepaying for your s/h.  It's not free.  If you are not a Prime member, s/h isn't free unless you spend a certain amount and that's only on items sold through Amazon, not third party vendors. 

I don't like the fact that QVC no longer refunds original s/h but the only place I personally know of that refunds original s/h is HSN.  If I pay s/h for something to be sent to me and I make a return, no company refunds that to me. 

Any order that I do make from QVC is done on my app on my phone or on-line.  I cannot remember the last time I called QVC to place an order. 

Funny that you should say that.  I haven't ordered via phone in so long, I forgot we could do it....lol   I rarely watch Qvc tv now but I'm on Qvc.com for hours every day.  I recovering from knee replacement surgery now, I'm on a walker and Sunday I was here alone and my laptops, tablet were all in the bedroom.  I saw something on Qvc that I wanted to order and I was bummed out that my laptop was in the other room!  I was mad that I couldn't place an order...lol   It was a couple of hours later that I had a duhhhhhh moment..lol   It just popped in my head that I could have called the automated line to place an order.  Heck, I could have placed it with a cs rep.   It's been years since I did it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree, I don't place phone orders either and haven't in years.  I have the app on my cellphone and that's how I order.  My post was a little confusing.

That's funny about your order.  I would probably do the same thing. 

Hope your recovery is going well. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't called in an ordered in years and years.

I order from my laptop of my phone.  I do not have the QVC app.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but Amazon is my go- to for just about everything. Like stated before--free shippng, fast shipping and easy, no nonsense returns. Far and away above what QVC could ever do. No brainer for me!!

Super Contributor

wrote:

I used to purchase more from Amazon, but in the recent years, I have try not to purchase things from Amazon.  I have read many reports of counterfeit products and fake reviews from amazon. And amazon's ineffectiveness or unwillingness to police it make me think twice about purchasing something from them.  

Quite a few years ago I read an article on Jeff Bezos, who is difficult to work for.. ( I'm stating it nicely )... Since, I don't shop Amazon, I get the impression they are just  a middle man... I'm very happy for the people who find their deals on Amazon, just not for me.. Thank goodness, whatever I need I find it locally or order for many, many other venues..  IMHO I feel Amazon has become a monopoly..

Also, for the posters who have written many legitimate issues regarding QVC's operating system; I totally agree with all your statements.. If I kindly may suggest  ( maybe some of you have already done this ); above the Blogs & Forum, there is a tab that says FEEDBACK, express your concerns about QVC's operating practices here & send it to them.. Believe me, they do read them & hopefully, they may start to wake up & listen to their customers & start to implement some changes..  Whenever, I've written in the FEDBACK section, I definitely was nice but brutally honest.. 

Super Contributor

wrote:

This does not have much to do with the subject title but have noticed lately more and more stores have Amazon sections in them. Not sure what that is about - should ask. Our Kohl's is the latest I have noticed. It is a large section of the store - . Weird to me.

Hummm!!! ... I have to take a look when I go to Kohl's

Honored Contributor

No shopping venue is immune to problems and glitches.

But I have to say that I've had very few with Amazon. We are Prime members, and we definitely recoup our annual fee with not having to pay shipping and still getting very competitive prices.

Our items arrive in two days. Our refunds have been free and administered before they even receive it. Their chat or phone CS is excellent. And as long as you stick with Amazon as the seller and the fullfiller of your order, you should not worry about fakes. Actually, if a third-party seller has stellar reviews, I don't worry there either. If I can, though, I stick with Amazon itself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45

I’d never compare or consider QVC & Amazon to be competition. They are very different. 

The numbers are not really QVC’s numbers. The suggestion is misleading. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have to laugh about those who applaud Amazon for their free s/h.  Amazon doesn't offer free s/h.  If you are a Prime member you are prepaying for your s/h.  It's not free.  If you are not a Prime member, s/h isn't free unless you spend a certain amount and that's only on items sold through Amazon, not third party vendors. 

I think people applauding Amazon Prime for its free shipping subscribe mainly for its other benefits - e.g.video streaming, including original series, music streaming, and Kindle lending library.  They consider free shipping a benefit not offered by, for example, Netflix.