Honored Contributor

Re: QVC’s Plan to Survive Amazon Might Actually Be Working

seamaiden--go to your orders page and find what you want to return--there is a list of different things to click on---click return items and go from there. Usually you will pay just a very small amount or nothing at all. Sometimes you don't even have to sent it back--too much hassel for an inexpensive things. You can even have it picked up at your house too. I bought a microwave and after a few weeks it stopped working---Amazon took care of it. 

Super Contributor

@hellodali, of course, you're right! In my defense, I was in the middle of moving, and kind of forgot about it. Should that happen again, I'll be certain to nudge my son and have him deal with it. Thanks for your feedback!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

As @stevieb said QVC likes to play with numbers....and Q's  16% declinein profits in 2016 and HSN has also struggled thats why Mandy Grossman HSNs CEO left to pursue a career at Weight Watchers.....She was from Nordstroms and even she couldnt make HSN profitable....I hope this merger doesnt turn into a disaster like when Sears and Kmart (two struggling retailers merged) and they are both teetering on bankruptcy....

It will be interesting to see QVC's financial reports for their 4th quarter 2017....  

I have noticed an attempt for a bit more variety in products (except for weekends)....and more vendors from QVC UK................

Mindy Grossman did a fabulous job with HSN.  Her last year was a tough one.   Who knows why she left.  Maybe she left because she anticipated getting let go over the recent bad numbers, maybe she left because WW offered her a better deal or maybe she left while the getting was good, knowing Liberty was also buying the rest of HSN and she didn't want to stay on board for that.

I also don't think Mindy was ever with Nordstrom. She was with Polo and Nike prior to HSN. 

Respected Contributor

We have Amazon Prime again and order alot from there. However, some things are far more expensive on Amazon...probably from 3rd party sellers. The only thing I would not order from Amazon is clothing. I've tried a few times. The items came back being too large, too small, or poor quality. At least on QVC when you order clothing, they thoroughly describe it, and after a couple times you know how their sizing goes.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

As @stevieb said QVC likes to play with numbers....and Q's  16% declinein profits in 2016 and HSN has also struggled thats why Mandy Grossman HSNs CEO left to pursue a career at Weight Watchers.....She was from Nordstroms and even she couldnt make HSN profitable....I hope this merger doesnt turn into a disaster like when Sears and Kmart (two struggling retailers merged) and they are both teetering on bankruptcy....

It will be interesting to see QVC's financial reports for their 4th quarter 2017....  

I have noticed an attempt for a bit more variety in products (except for weekends)....and more vendors from QVC UK................

Mindy Grossman did a fabulous job with HSN.  Her last year was a tough one.   Who knows why she left.  Maybe she left because she anticipated getting let go over the recent bad numbers, maybe she left because WW offered her a better deal or maybe she left while the getting was good, knowing Liberty was also buying the rest of HSN and she didn't want to stay on board for that.

I also don't think Mindy was ever with Nordstrom. She was with Polo and Nike prior to HSN. 

@Lipstickdiva @Spurt Reading Grossman's Wickipedia page, I don't see anything about ever having worked for Nordstrom either, though she's clearly had a very active, successful and varied career as a leader in retail. I agree that she made some positive changes at HSN, though I'd also have to say her focus on 'celebrity' was not one that resonated with me, just as it never has with QVC... I too suspect she saw the handwriting on the wall with Liberty merging the two networks and realized she'd be squeezed out, so opted for ostensibly greener pastures. Personally, I think WW is a step down, especially given her 'fashion' resume, but that's her choice. I'd also have given her the nod over Boy George, who's 'innovations', such as they are, have had very little to do with products, variety, consumer friendly on-air sales methods, QA, shipping and warehousing, or customer satisfaction. He's certainly expanded the brand internationally and left a large digital footprint, but for average customers,  like me, those things don't resonate... I can't imagine weak sales would have forced her out, they certainly haven't had any seeming impact on Liberty's choice to have retained George, who I'd have personally sent packing several years ago...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@sunshine45 Amazon does have some problems. But I think they work on them and try to address them quickly which doesn't appear to be the case for QVC. I have noticed a subtle increase in pricing with Amazon since they acquired the market share of business in almost everything. As their monopoly grows I fear we'll see more of that and then we'll be back to the same situation as we have with the Q in the overlapping areas.

i have been lucky with qvc @skuggles.

it is quite RARE that i have any problems with shipping, refunds, quality of product, the website. i am never in a great rush that i need to have something within 2 days (although it does take a bit longer on amazon sometimes.) this is why i am willing to give qvc my business. i like the new lines they have added. they have not failed me. i also think that the addition of the mods on these forums has been an excellent step up from what was going on before, for both the forums AND customer service.

maybe not a lot of people on these forums can say that, but i definitely can. my guess is so many others can also who are NOT on these forums.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

if they If they think buying other companies will help the bottom line they are wrong.  Years ago my then husband was in retail.  His company started buying up other similar companies.  Eventully  they ended up out of business because they were way over extended. 

Secondly and maybe just as important it the idea of raising prices to make up shortfall.  This does NOT work.  Customers just cut back or shop elsewhere.  Watching some of the financial decisions the powers that be make are not all that smart.  They think that if they offerred free shipping they would loose X amount of money.  NO people would more liable to purchase.  Same thing regarding sale prices.  If they were more competitive customers would buy more products.

Then there is clearance.    For years they only reduced items a miniscue amount to get rid of old or unpopular merchandise.  Finally they have had better reductions but the consumer still needs to check reviews to make sure that aren't buying a lemon.