Honored Contributor

I certainly do not mean to make anyone angry about their choices.Or to put down anyone personally for what they think.

I think this is such an interesting discussion about prices and reading different viewpoints.

QVC would probably find it valuable to read.

Thank you @Shorty2U for your original post.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor
I agree. I think it gives info on who mainly shops at the Q. Personally, I get a rush when I get a good deal. What people feel is a good deal on the Q, like a TSV, others might not. I have ordered a lot from HSN and felt it was the best price. What will hold me back now is the cancelling policy.
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC prices on clothing

[ Edited ]

I agree....sharply raising the price without any raise in quality doesn’t make me want to purchase it. I think many buy clothing at QVC for convenience, not for value....SG has turned to ruffles, chiffon, and huge flowers....no one I know wears that and I don’t see any other place selling it....she seems to have shifted her target demographic...and I have no idea who that is but it certainly isn’t me. Some smaller prints without all the ruffles, bells, and huge florals would probably appeal to a wider audience, but the price also needs to come down out of the stratosphere.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I was just wondering if any agreed. And I don't think QVCs clothing are necessarily higher quality then what stores have. Sure some stores have clothing that isn't made well but if you look good, there is quality clothing in stores. I don't buy junk clothes. lol. Well anyway people can do what they want with their own money of course. I just cannot afford QVC anymore in clothing. As far as watching QVC (Someone said dont watch then). I mostly look online now ont he stie here, only watch once in a while. But still do buy some other things on Q.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Does anyone agree? I'm not trying to be snarky but I think QVCs prices on clothing have gotten ridiculous. And I see people posting the same on Facebook when QVC advertises a piece of clothing for sale.

Shorts for 35-40 dollars? (I can  get for 10 bucks locally) , tops for 50 some to 70? Jeans forget it,  some are really outrageously priced compared to just a few years ago (and I don't feel they're made that well, some wore through at pockets). And its a shame because I love their clothing. But cant afford it anymore.(I don't work for years and DH is the only one working) Maybe if I worked id splurge and spend more but I doubt it.. 

I went to Boscovs today finally after my friend kept saying go there they have nice clothing if you look around. So I went and I got 2 nice tops, an awesome Summer cardigan, and 1 pair of dress shorts for the price of ONE of (example not targeting just her) Susan Gravers tops! 

I hate going shopping too, especially with my bad back, its rough at times, but I can no longer afford QVCs clothing. (Other things yes, I still buy other things on QVC, but clothing no more) I wish they'd have sales like stores because the things are marked up on QVC. Same type (nicely made) clothing is in stores for much less! 

@Shorty2U , I was in desperate need of new shorts and capri pants for the summer and refused to pay $30+ for a pair of shorts.

I went to Boscov's and came away with 4 tee-shirts, 4 bottoms and a dress for $140.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Pook -

You are "defending" your way of shopping

too and that is perfectly ok.

There is no need to become defensive about what we buy or watching or buying from QVC.

I find those that spend higher prices are very defensive about what they buy, insisting their clothing choices are better and last forever, or telling people not to watch QVC.

That is not the point.

As someone else said, it is just an observation and discussion about how people feel about prices.

It just matters how each feels about what they buy. It is ok! Really!

I just do not understand the need to be so defensive or put down others who don't share the same views.

And this goes for other topics too!

I do know what quality clothing looks like.

Years ago, my fil gave me money to buy some nice clothes. I went to Casual Corner

and bought the most beautiful cranberry jacket and black skirt. Yes, it still looks like new. I rarely see that kind of quality workmanship or fabric these days, high priced or not.

I do not like to be fooled by labels or boutiques or higher prices with not so good materials. I have always thought marketing can persuade any to buy just about anything for whatever the cost.

Even when I was younger, I thought, How does this make sense? When I could find the same thing elsewhere or on sale.

The proof is when something is a high price. It sits in the store. Very few buy. Then it is marked down 70% or more. That is the real value because it was priced way above what the market would stand.That means us.

That is all I meant.

It is ok to enjoy going to specialty shops or anywhere we want.

Walmart or Ralph Lauren or whoever-it's ok

if that is what you want.

@on the bay 

WELL SAID! 😊

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

There are other sstores on line that offer very good quality clothng and far better prices than QVC.  There is Bean, Lands End, Appleseeds and others.  I don't understand why Q thinks their clothing is worth the prices they ask.

Honored Contributor

Qvc clothing is overpriced junk. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@on the bay  My original post was just stating I did not agree and why.  It seems you were the one to be so defensive stating that those who don't think prices are too high for what they like and want by stating that "Those who defend higher priced items do not want to think they are being taken advantage of or duped into believing they are purchasing better quality clothing."   That is a rather bold criticism of anyone who doesn't share your view!!

There was no defending on my part - just stating that prices are bound to go up and comparing prices to what they used to be is not reality!!! 

We each have our own ideas of what is worth buying.  I was just pointing out that what you stated can have opposite views taken to the extreme like you have done!!! 

Again we all have things worth paying for and as I stated for me my time is more valuable than wasting time looking for cheaper prices to save a few bucks!! 

I can't imagine still having and even wanting to wear something I bought years ago but that is up to each person to decide.  

I know for me what quality clothing is but that is subjective and may be different for everyone!

Well said @Pook 

Esteemed Contributor

I probably could pay the Q's price but I won't. Also the patterns aren't for this old lady. Some said that she received 3 or more sent in one package. Yesterday I got 5. Don't know if it was faster but they are using Ontario which Isn't to far away from me. D and C is terrible. I got those 5 from them under $20. Doubt if I will see that again since I saw their clearance the other day--expensive.