Honored Contributor

Re: QVC planning new distribution hub in Ontario, California

more information about the facility and the developer.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/more-details-revealed-on-qvcs-planned-left-coast-h...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I read that it's near the airport so makes sense to have it there. I'm happy and hope my orders come from there since it's only about 25 miles from me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Regarding my complaint about UPS taking my products 300 - 400 miles north and then bringing them back down before heading east to So NV, I have discussed this with a higher up at UPS and finally found someone who gets it.  I gave him some tracking numbers of items that were shipped that way and some that were shipped correctly which came from LA to So NV.  Now, my products should arrive in a timely manner plus many were drop shipped from Los Angeles to begin with.  There was never any need to take them 400 mi north...it was an error as the packages are generally small.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smaug wrote:

While it's great they are going to employ hundreds in So Cal I wonder how the eight hundred who are going to be laid off in FL feel about that. 

People in the know have said that location was a contract facility and not part of qvc corporate.  Contract facilities have completely different benefits as well as limited functionality.  FL is known for its call centers and they probably will be able to find another job pretty quickly..  Also, it is not uncommon for contract facilities to have contracts for other companies in the same building simultaneously.