Honored Contributor

QVC planning new distribution hub in Ontario, California

good news for those who are on the west coast and want their packages faster.......also good news for people needing jobs. qvc is opening a new distribution center in ontario california.

When the new facility begins operation in the third quarter of 2016, it will serve as a West Coast distribution hub for QVC.

As QVC ramps up operations, the center is expected to employ more than 500 team members by 2018. QVC anticipates hiring approximately 1,000 team members in total by 2020 as the distribution center expands fulfillment to all product categories.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/qvc-officially-unveils-plans-for-west-cost-distrib...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC planning new distribution hub in Ontario, California

That's good.  My items get shipped from either Swedesboro NJ, Harrisburg PA or Virginia Beach. 

Honored Contributor

Excellent news! Hopefully that will make a big change in the speed of orders!

Respected Contributor

I live near Ontario and quite frankly could care less. Why? Shipping centers are becoming quite common out here and the  nightmare on the Freeways these days has been horrendous. My brother and I were talking about this the other day - trucks all over the place and it is difficult to just drive to where you are going. They are trying to get an approved HUGE shipping center within 6 miles of my house. NOPE, do NOT like it at all. And it would be right next to homes that have enjoyed beautiful views and landscaping.

As I said am not happy about it at all as I have never felt shipping was slow with the Q - not at all. I have been a shopper with them since the 80s so do know a bit of what I say!!

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a good opportunity for jobs but I could understand not wanting to live close to the facility......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What makes it difficult for those in the Southwest is ordering cosmetics that can melt or skin care that can turn rancid from excessive heat.   Also, UPS does some strange things lately, like instead of turning east for NV from Ontario they've been going North up to Baldwin Park and then down back to Ontario.  Sheesh!  While I wouldn't like it either living next to a big distributions center, I'm tired of getting stuff that QVC does not consider persishable yet arrives unusable.  Businesses get their stuff around 10am and have Saturday delivery....NV residential districts do not....Phoenix does, lucky them!  

Respected Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

I live near Ontario and quite frankly could care less. Why? Shipping centers are becoming quite common out here and the  nightmare on the Freeways these days has been horrendous. My brother and I were talking about this the other day - trucks all over the place and it is difficult to just drive to where you are going. They are trying to get an approved HUGE shipping center within 6 miles of my house. NOPE, do NOT like it at all. And it would be right next to homes that have enjoyed beautiful views and landscaping.

As I said am not happy about it at all as I have never felt shipping was slow with the Q - not at all. I have been a shopper with them since the 80s so do know a bit of what I say!!

you think it ill be worse than living with the airport?! 6 miles is not that close to your home..There is tons of industry in Ontario, it is hardly a bedroom community....

Trusted Contributor

The jobs this will create are badly needed in the IE and Riverside County.
Yes, traffic is bad everywhere but shipping to SoCal is extremely slow. I rarely get a package in under 10-14 days in Ventura County.
Respected Contributor

@Alsee wrote:
The jobs this will create are badly needed in the IE and Riverside County.
Yes, traffic is bad everywhere but shipping to SoCal is extremely slow. I rarely get a package in under 10-14 days in Ventura County.

Exactly, (and there are plenty in San Bernardino Co who need jobs)

Example, HSN  shipped an item I ordered on Tuesday from Fontana (just outside Ontario for you non southern Californians!) and it is arriving TODAY! 

I ordered the TSV on the Q yesterday..lets see how long that takes for me to receive..

Respected Contributor

While it's great they are going to employ hundreds in So Cal I wonder how the eight hundred who are going to be laid off in FL feel about that. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____