Respected Contributor

QVC owner Liberty buying Zulily in about $2.3 billion deal

I had a not so good shopping experience with Zulily. Maybe Liberty can turn it around. 

CNBC:

NEW YORK (AP) — The owner of QVC is buying online flash deal business Zulily in a cash-and-stock deal valued at approximately $2.32 billion.

Liberty Interactive Corp. will pay $9.375 in cash and 0.3098 newly issued shares of QVCA for each Zulily share. The transaction is valued at $18.75 per share. That's a 49 percent premium to Zulily's Friday closing price of $12.57.

The companies put the transaction's value at $2.4 billion.

Zulily Inc. will keep its headquarters in Seattle, with Darrell Cavens remaining as its president and CEO.

Both companies' boards approved the deal, which is targeted to close in the fourth quarter.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC owner Liberty buying Zulily in about $2.3 billion deal

[ Edited ]

It seems all at once companies starting cropping up online with the name lily in it.  I tried some because of the price points.  However the shipping and communication left lots to be desired.  Most times I had to wait over two months to get my items and the only way to get to customer service was by email or closed Chat (never open).  I was often told that the item or items were ON THE DOCK somewhere in Asia.  And when the day of arrival came, parts of the order were missing or totally lost  forever.

Hopefully the new owner will FIX IT.  My clothes get me lots of compliments.  I guess it is a trade off of sorts.  

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu I had similar issues and it stopped me from ordering from them again. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Hi, Smaug!

I never ordered from Zulily.  I don't like their return policy.

I wonder what changes Liberty will make.

Respected Contributor

@brii Hi brii! Yeah, that no return policy with few exceptions is another deal killer. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised Zuilly is still in business! They don't have a return policy. You buy "as is". Their measurements were off on a top, I ended up with the wrong size, and there is no returning or exchanging it. I can do much better on Amazon or e-Bay for the same prices. 

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

Hi, Smaug!

I never ordered from Zulily.  I don't like their return policy.

I wonder what changes Liberty will make.

This is me! I read online forums and Facebook pages where so many people are ordering so much from Zulily, but the lack of returns and some mentions of hard to contact CS have caused me to avoid the process. And I've read the shipping takes forever, so that isn't much of a positive either.

Manybe some big changes coming for them, though, and for the better.

Super Contributor

I loved buying little kids clothes from them, but it took forever to get them.  When I bought for myself, I was very disappointed in the quality and sizing. I couldn't return anything.  I stopped shopping there.

Respected Contributor

The things they sell look cute in the popups, but I wouldn't buy because of the return policy.

Honored Contributor

Zulily has a younger customer base, apparently.  They think it will complement QVC's middle-aged base.