Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC not keeping up with other retailers.

@shoekitty wrote:

i think a bulk of the QVC shoppers use easy pay.  they pay more at qvc, but they want the easy pay payments. many qvc customers dont want to run up a credit card.  this is something I dont understand.  Why pay 300 more for apple computer that is older model for time easy pay.? apple and best buy offer no interest pmts with a credit card to buy apple computer.  

many people have multiple easy pays totaling hundreds a month.  i dont get it. but, I am not them, and it is not my money.  i can only worry about my own self...which is pretty much full time job, lol!

@shoekitty  ... I agree with you.  Also,  I have never found ez-pay to be an incentive to purchase from QVC.  

Respected Contributor

Agree...there is a lot of competition for our dollars.

For example, I signed up on the Sketchers site and there is always a deal. I don't know if it is a public code but I am now offered 30% off entire purchase and free delivery.

We have discussed many times about Nordstrom and free shipping both ways. So why if Q and N both offer barefoot dreams why pay Q shipping? N now has a rewards program. 

A TSV is no big deal anymore. It is often a few dollars off but with shippping charges it is just an offset. Or the deal is having to buy a set of 2 of what ever item. 

News reports say the the Qurate company is "ready" to take on Amazon. Well, then you better get your shipping issues straighten out. 

Honored Contributor

TJ Maxx is a close-out store.  That means they get the leftovers.  They do their buying at discount after all the first line retailers have bought for that season.  That's why they can offer better prices.