Honored Contributor

There's no difference between a 1x and an xl.  Are you mad about the 8% Ebates, why?  That was a special benefit, like free shipping on some items, it wasn't going to last forever.  QVC will be fine without an order from you, they won't need to send out any layoff notices.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@mwmc wrote:

I am not confused.  The OP admits the error worked in her favor - this time. What about next time or times in the past? 

The last line of the post says @IMW is sick of the up and down of ebates and of mistakes in orders made by QVC. She doesn't feel like ordering today thus QVC lost a sale.

@mwmc   @IMW

???   I find it very surprising she has so many QVC order mistakes, although she doesn't even hint at how many mistakes she's had.   I've been ordering from QVC for almost 20 years and have never had an order mistake, so I'm curious how many she's had.   (Returns are another story)

Ebates has always had ups and downs ... it's what they do, and is nothing new.  If it's really that frustrating, she can always use Mr Rebates instead of Ebates.  

I don't feel like getting my car washed today .... maybe tomorrow .... but the car wash hasn't "lost" a sale.  It will just happen on another day.

I was just saying that her post was not confusing. Maybe she wasn't aware of Mr. Rebates. I wasn't until you mentioned it in your reply.  If ebates goes up and down, I can see where it might get frustratiing trying to get the best deal. Especially if it goes up and down frequently and/or in large amounts. People sign up for things and expect the best case senerio - human nature, I guess.

I have never had trouble with QVC or HSN. But, Kohls has sent me the completely wrong order ( I order kitchen items and was sent 2 pairs of mens dockers), the wrong size, and once even additional items. So, what's up with me and kohls? 

Anyway, she was just venting and again, I did not think the post was confusing.

Respected Contributor

FYI the way Ebates, Mr.Rebate,etc, sites work is that the retailers pay a commission to be listed, the cash back site then returns about half to the online customer.

The online retailer ie QVC is definitely in charge of how much is paid.

P.S. a nasty tone in response to my post is really not necessary. If you don’t like the topic, disagree, don’t understand it skip it.

Honored Contributor

To anyone who wishes to comment .... it's MY experience that when Ebates has a jump in the percentage of rebate, it is for no longer than 24 hours .... one day.

Has anyone else seen something different?

Honored Contributor

if anyone is buying a higher priced item or items, retailmenot has $15 cash back on a $175 purchase. the rebate is usually available in less than 30 days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein