Respected Contributor

QVC is pricing themselves out of business....

I got rid of my large Keurig as it was big and bulky. There was nothing wrong with it, worked great but I just want to get a smaller one. I noticed that Keurig now makes the Keurig Slim, which would be perfect as I’m the only one who drinks coffee in this house. QVC has the Slim for $119 and Walmart has it for $79??!!! 

I know QVC may offer K cups with their purchase, but that doesn’t entice me as I probably wouldn’t even like what they offer. No wonder their sales are down. That’s a significant price difference. $40 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC is pricing themselves out of business....

The clothing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.  But the thing that has always stopped me from ordering from QVC is the shipping.  You have to pay shipping for each product you want (who DOES that?) AND shipping takes for-e-ver.  You'd think a multi-million dollar company could step up their processing and shipping times.  And offer free shipping when you spend X amount of money.  Ya know, like the rest of the country does.

Honored Contributor

I have been saying that for years now!!!

Super Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

The clothing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.  But the thing that has always stopped me from ordering from QVC is the shipping.  You have to pay shipping for each product you want (who DOES that?) AND shipping takes for-e-ver.  You'd think a multi-million dollar company could step up their processing and shipping times.  And offer free shipping when you spend X amount of money.  Ya know, like the rest of the country does.

So true!  It has always aggravated me when I order the same items just different colors. They arrive in the same bag but I get charged shipping for each piece.  Especially now shipping should be free since it takes forever.  QVC used to be a great place to shop but not anymore.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I tuned in to D & C the other morning just to watch Carolyn and Gary and the squirrels. They seemed pretty subdued. Not much fun. But, I was shocked at their prices. I have bought a lot of D & C over the years and the clothes do hold up. Thank goodness, because I am not paying $50 for a blouse from ANYONE. Will not be buying anymore clothes from the Q unless marked way down.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan 

similar experience: checked the price of a tele#coping wireless floor scrubber with all the attachments.  Amazon beat Q's price by about $35-40 and had free shipping.  They included a $25 gift card too ! Got it within a few days.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I am okay with the pricing and even paying for the shipping. I am NOT okay with waiting two weeks for my purchases and I still have not received them.

Definitely rethinking my shopping with QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I do think we're going to see more and more of that kind of differences.  Just as Main Street in our communities csn't compete with Walmart,Target etc. on price-  QVC can't compete with them either.  Walmart if more than 100 times bigger as a company than QVC -  imagine how that works for them when they contract with Keurig!

Right now, I'm not buying much of anything as I try to pare down to a much simpler life than I've been leading in my 60's and 70's.  I do wonder what will be left when I hit 80 in 2021 -  what will I want or need?  Where will I find it?

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of people buy from QVC to take advantage of easy pay, but many other online retailers are offering similar options these days.

Trusted Contributor

For me the price craziness is the suppose "Gourmet" food.  I ordered David's large dough cookies, I was on the fence but I liked the fact I could bake a few fresh when needed.  For the price so not worth the "Gourmet" cookie I thought I was getting.  They were not wasted cooked them off to give to the grandkids.  I am now gun shy of ordering any food products, especially when there is no reviews to read.