Respected Contributor

Re: QVC is Out of my League, Anymore!

Kachina624 wrote:

You're going to love the new line of shoes they're going to introduce in a couple of days.  There's only one shoe with picture and description so far but it's a sneaker for $150.

FLY London has a new Softino sneaker going for $195.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used to buy expensive Clark's shoes from QVC until I had two pair fall apart on me after just a few months of wear. So much for quality.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I've been in the stores at times and I swear that the quality of the clothes from Susan Graver and Bob Mackie are superb compared to what I'm seeing in the stores.  I'm very much willing to pay the high price for these two designers because their clothes wash and wear well and will last for years and they have.  Susan and Mackie in my opinion are the best designers the Q has.  I especially love Bob Mackie's clothes and his sweater coats.  The quality can't be beat from any designer from the Q.  I don't like his loud sequin stuff.  I usually stick with his toned down tops.  He's fabulous.  

Esteemed Contributor

I consider myself a "smart" shopper and take pride in it. Anybody can just shop and buy what they like. But a smart shopper takes it all seriously.

For instance, I want a 100% Pima cotton t-shirt. Simple enough. Now, I see Isaac has l00% Pima cotton and charges me as much as $39.95 and some more. I can get l00% Pima cotton from LLBean starting at $l4.95. Usually I get free S&H from LLBean and many times with a $l0. coupon. Isaac wants all my extra money b/c he is well known & the Q thinks they can get more money with his name.

I can find quality, value and convenience almost everywhere now. It's all at my finger tips.

Contributor

I think the prices have gone up because of easy pay. I believe the prices have increased to pass on the increase to people who have to use easy pay.  I don't shop at too many mall stores to compare the prices.  I also think some items are a bargain on QVC like the Linea brand. 

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I think it depends on the line. The true designer lines here, like Linea by Louis Dell Olio, are an amazing value considering the design/fit/fabric and the price tag. Some items I've purchased--and I'm a long-standing customer--would be triple the price in B&M retail. IF you could even find these classic, elegant clothes anywhere. To me, I would even pay more for higher end fabrics in this line. Linea, created by an award-winning iconic designer, is the best QVC has to offer, bar none.

Linea is the only clothing line I purchase from QVC now.  Quality and style for sure.  I don't take a chance (almost never!) on other brands because returns are too costly and I don't want to pay $60. for a thin top.   I can do better at local stores or online at other stores.  

Honored Contributor

QVC's "loungewear" seems very expensive to me. 

Regular Contributor

YES, Even plain tunics from denim and Company are almost $40 , way too much! Then add in your shipping and handling fee and tax.   Seriously, I do enjoy going to the mall and finding a bargain, other times yes it might be more convenient to buy from the Q but you got to be prepared for the high cost . And be prepared for the need to return it if you must.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I consider myself a "smart" shopper and take pride in it. Anybody can just shop and buy what they like. But a smart shopper takes it all seriously.

For instance, I want a 100% Pima cotton t-shirt. Simple enough. Now, I see Isaac has l00% Pima cotton and charges me as much as $39.95 and some more. I can get l00% Pima cotton from LLBean starting at $l4.95. Usually I get free S&H from LLBean and many times with a $l0. coupon. Isaac wants all my extra money b/c he is well known & the Q thinks they can get more money with his name.

I can find quality, value and convenience almost everywhere now. It's all at my finger tips.

@febe1 LLbean does have quality clothing and they have a great return policy.  However I wouldn't be a smart shopper if I bought one of their tees and never wore it. 

I have to go with something that fits me well and looks good. Most LLBean clothing just doesn't look good and has an awkward fit on me.  A lot of Isaac's designs do as well but once in a while I do find something that I love plus his styles are current which I like.

So it's not just a matter of price and quality (at least for me and many others) but it has to do with fit and style.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like the B&M stores because of the quality of the material used.  I touch the material and pass on by.  Susan Graver, Issac, D&C and many other QVC vendors have far superior material to what I find at B&M except at the higher end stores or department and the prices there are far more than at QVC.  I don't complain about QVC prices or shipping.  I don't like the shipping cost, but it is less than the other places I shop.  I don't do Land's End or LLBean, so I miss out on their free shipping, but the stores I do use don't have free shipping and are more than QVC.  No complaints from me.  Don't like the prices or shipping fees, but I do understand them.