Valued Contributor

QVC is Misleading Customers w Tracfone

[ Edited ]

SO Tracfone is eliminating 3g network and I have 3 non-smart triple min.phones that will no longer work and have lots of minutes on them---- So i see that QVC has a tracfone that seems great for the price and has 2 great reviews-  but then as I read on- someone asked the difference between one previously offered for almost triple the price and the tracfone rep answered back that THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME PHONE! but just differently priced---- and I check the other one's reviews and it gets BAD REVIEWS -LOTS of them- Too late - I had already ordered and still have not rec'd it- but now I'll be charged to return it because I don't want to go through the nightmares described by others. SHAME ON QVC FOR THIS!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO YOUR LONGTIME CUSTOMERS (AND YOUR NEW ONES TOO???? i am SO MAD!!! They should be reported to "someone" anyone" for selling bad merchandise. Of course I thought like many others that this was just an over-run and I jumped at it- along with the promise that my triple minutes would continue- but the tracfone SiTE says NO. So now I'm wondering if I refuse delivery- will I still have to pay return postage? 

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC is Misleading Customers w Tracfone

I have bought a trac fone every year from QVC for the last 5 years.  I have had absolutely no trouble.  It is cheaper to buy a new fone with the minutes they offer than to just add minutes.  I also have no trouble starting the new fone up and keeping the left over minutes as long as I do it before they expire.   No need to try to talk to a person who barely speaks English.  I do it all at trac fone's website.  Just follow the directions that come with the new fone.  I used to have an ATT account and had to pay every month for the service.  Trac fone is so much easier.  I pay once a year and don't think about again for another year.  And it is cheaper than the monthly bills!

Honored Contributor

@daisy4   If you don't mind, what does it cost you a year to use your phone?  DH and I both have phones, but rarely use them.  We pay about $30.00 per month.  

Esteemed Contributor

If you refuse delivery you do not have to pay return postage.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

If you like the phone you have, and you just need the minutes, can't you activate the new phone, and then transfer your service back to your old phone?  I have been doing this without and problem.

Honored Contributor

I think you need to do a little investigating on your own.  Call customer service, and contact Tracfone to find out the information for your self.  If you want to "report" QVC for something then do it yourself instead of relying on someone else to do it.  If you refuse delivery there is no tracking info available to you.  There are times when you need to follow through with something and not rely on others opinions.  

Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@daisy4   If you don't mind, what does it cost you a year to use your phone?  DH and I both have phones, but rarely use them.  We pay about $30.00 per month.  

I've had a Tracfone a couple of years now.

I don't use my phone much either, I reload it maybe 2-3 times a year for $30 each reload.

I use Messenger for "texting", saving my text usage, I have WiFi at home so I don't use the data and I rarely talk on the phone.   Mostly for business type calls - doctors office, pharmacy.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I buy a new trac fone from QVC once a year.  They usually run about $100 and give you 1500 minutes and 1500 texts.  You can put the words trac fone into the QVC search bar and see what they have. (Sometimes they are a Today's Special Value.)   I only use my phone so that my kids and grandkids can get me when I'm out so 1500 minutes is actually more than I need.  You keep your unused mintues as long as you buy a new phone before they run out.  I have accumulated over 3000 minutes since i don't use it that often.  I have also found it is cheaper to buy a new phone through QVC than to buy minutes from trac fone. I use to have a phone that I paid $30 a month for and this trac fone is so much cheaper!

Esteemed Contributor

Tracphone can not elimate their 3g network since they do not have one.

They may route some of their CDMA phones through Verizon, which is spinning a bit about it.

You are risk if you have or buy an older CDMA phone without VoLTE.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sipp This is a shame, and the reason I don't shop at QVC.

I follow tech news online. Verizon Wireless and Tracfone posted lists of  phones running on the VoLTE network.