@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think that a lot of people here would be perfect for the QVC jobs! 😊

@Anonymous032819 

Ryan Amato Painting » Top Painting Customer Expectations

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC hiring customer service reps and warehouse workers

@deeva wrote:

Yeah, offer those hosts the jobs at 1/3 of their former salary.

The CS jobs start at $11.50/hr., I believe. I've read that some hosts were pulling six figures. Have no idea what AN was making, but think after 18 years it was probably more than $34.50 an hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Customer Service is not an easy job....some people are just downright nasty...Luckily they were few and far between years ago.

Now a days I wouldn't take the job.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought they laid off or cut 1300 jobs in this area at the beginning of the new company?

Trusted Contributor

i checked it out. I kind of wouldn't have minded a few hours a week, but you have to live within 100 miles of one of their centers so you could go for meetings. Also, have to have a PC and I have Macs. I would have bought a cheap laptop just for the job, though. Oh well.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea why they are hiring.  I just called CS to try to find out what happened to my order.  The tracking quit several days ago.  The recording said we cannot transfer you to a person, please try going to your account online.  If they won't even allow you to wait to speak to a person, why have them?  I'll wait a couple more days and then let my credit card company know I never received the item and to refund my money.  I knew better than to think an order would go ok with the Q

Valued Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

That's interesting, maybe they should have offered those jobs first to Antonella, Stacey and Gabrielle????

Wouldn't it be fun to call in and get Antonella on the other end?  

Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I saw this in my Facebook feed today. Unable to link but I thought it was interesting and with so many complaints, maybe some of you can give it a whirl. The customer service rep is a work from home setup from what I understand. 

Direct TV has work at home too

I get emails from Indeed dot com   work at home

both of my sons have lost their jobs

I spoke to a lovely customer service rep this afternoon. She was working from home in Virginia. She quickly assisted me with my request and was very pleasant!

The last time DH and I went camping we were having an issue with our Dish Network and we had to call.  The gentleman that we spoke with was in AZ, talking to us from his living room.  LOL  He couldn't have been better and got our problem fixed. 

Honored Contributor

Did all their customer service reps quit?  Why are they hiring new people?

Couldn't they just have transistioned their customer service reps to work from home?  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Did all their customer service reps quit?  Why are they hiring new people?

Couldn't they just have transistioned their customer service reps to work from home?  

@Bri369 

If they've been working with a pared down crew, I bet they are overworked; hence the turnover.