Honored Contributor

Re: QVC guests need a dress code!!

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Trinity11I've owned silk slip dresses over the years, but they were worn for my husband's benefit only!  Not saying anything else. Smiley Happy

@BirkiLady I wore some cute little slip dresses back in the day. I am happy that I had the opportunity to do so because I sure couldn't wear one now at 65. LOL

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Q needs to help those that haven't clue ,by giving them a dress standard..I have often read about things like this

One starlet, went to the Iranian embassy in a scanty attire. The ambassador's wife, didn't know which way to look

In that country, women that dress the was she did ,aren't admired ,they are scorned, and sometimes quite verbally

If you are in doubt, don't do it. She seems like a nice lady, I don't think she actually did it on purpose Hollywood's dress code ,isn't the same ,as selling a product in a family home.

@cherry, I'm glad you clarified your meaning here in a later post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I was able to pull up the video and yeah it does look like a nightie but those wispy, slinky mini dresses are in right now, and beauty vendors do go a little more "nighttime Hollywood" then what some of us are used to, but maybe they feel they put on a more polished and legit presentation then if they were in jeans. Shawn looked adorable though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too went and watched the presentation--and you would have thought she was wearing a new lingerie line from Breezies ....

And OMG those earrings on the host .......

You didnt even notice the product that was being presented....the host's and vendor's style grabbed all the attention....They probably lost sales ...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

All I can say is times have changed and you can either evolve with it or remain stagnant and stay locked in a time when you were actually young many many years ago.  Those that do this are just like the mothers,  grandmothers and old neighborhood biddies we rolled our eyes at!!

I bet they are going to look back at that and laugh and say "what was I thinking".........  like many of us that look back at photos and the fashions we wore that we thought were fashionalble at the time that are now laughable!!! 

Part of what makes the situation comedy, The Goldbergs, funny is looking back at the hairstyles and clothes that were worn back then and laughing at it!!!  Yes times change and We are the ones making fun of ourselves and what we wore back then...So we do look forward.when it comes to fashion ..........It reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode in Paris thinking they are wearing the latest Paris fashions and its actually horse feedbags.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quse wrote:

Seems to be a trend that needs to die. I went to a soccer banquet for my daughter's high school team...many of the girls had those super short "nighties" on. They would get up out of their chairs to get an award and "whoop!" everything's there to see. They spent most of the night pulling their dresses down to cover up.. to no avail. And they didn't look good in them either. Really pretty girls with unflattering dresses. Thankfully, my daughter has more sense than this. She looked cute, covered and actually comfortable. 

@Quse

I was in high school when mini dresses and skirts were "on trend"....it was very hot in our classrooms in May with no air conditioning....The dresses were short like the current "nighty dresses" and some of the girls wore their dresses and skirts so short they couldnt sit down in their desk without showing their underwear...so they would put their vinyl notebooks on top of their legs ....When class was over, well with the sweat and the vinyl you could hear the skin pull as they lifted their notebooks---lets just say they didnt need to shave their upper leg.....I wore my clothes short but still modest enough to be able to sit without a problem ....just like your daughter!  Tell your daughter to keep on dressing sensibly and wear what she likes and feels comfortable in...she'll be happier.......

Esteemed Contributor

OMG I just found it and saw the video.  Her hoo ha was almost showing.  How could any woman even be comfortable enough to wear that in public, let alone on TV, is beyond me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

It is a cute, sexy dress. It IMO just a weird dress for selling on QVC. Save it fo da club. 

🐸JM wears club dresses all the time. How is this dress any different?

🐸 To me there is no difference. In my opinion, JM also dresses inappropriately for a shopping channel. 

Respected Contributor

Huh I never thought of myself as an old biddy, but if I saw someone wearing that dress anywhere in public I'd be doing a double take.  Well not at a beach or pool Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie  Hey there. That is not the video they are speaking of in this thread. The one they are talking about she had on a white dress extremley short, I think S. Killinger was the host.