Honored Contributor

Re: QVC guests need a dress code!!

@cherry wrote:

Q needs to help those that haven't clue ,by giving them a dress standard..I have often read about things like this

One starlet, went to the Iranian embassy in a scanty attire. The ambassador's wife, didn't know which way to look

In that country, women that dress the was she did ,aren't admired ,they are scorned, and sometimes quite verbally

If you are in doubt, don't do it. She seems like a nice lady, I don't think she actually did it on purpose Hollywood's dress code ,isn't the same ,as selling a product in a family home.

@cherry

i honestly dont know what incident you are referring to, but there has not been an iranian embassy or ambassador for many years now in the usa.

if you actually saw what women in iran were wearing these days and even years ago you would not have said what you said.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I wore dresses like that in 1967 with opaque tights though, I was 17. SH is a little long in the tooth for that short of a dress. I just think she is trying to appeal to the much younger customers, she wants to show them her product is for the young and hip.

@blackhole99

37 is "long in the tooth?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Where is the video?  Checked both lip scrub products that came up in a search and the only video was back at Halloween, and not Happ.  

My guess, QVC didn't want to save that video for the product.  They must have felt the old video was more tasteful.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Wow, I had to see what you were referring to and that slipdress is way to short and IMO not appropriate.

Perhaps they could have taken Shawn's earrings and wrapped them around the guests waist to help cover her up.

Between the super short dress and the oversized earrings, I couldn't even concentrate on what was being sold.

Shawn looked nice, but those earrings and the guests attire make it difficult to pay attention to the product being sold.

@CAcableGirl2  You do have a way with words, absolutely hilarious!  Those earrings reminded me of some of the tassles that embellish tiebacks used on drapes and curtains.  I have a really big tassle that I use to tie back my lace shower curtain!

@ScarletDove Those earrings that Shawn wears are going to be sold on the Q this summer. It will be interesting to see how they do. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Q needs to help those that haven't clue ,by giving them a dress standard..I have often read about things like this

One starlet, went to the Iranian embassy in a scanty attire. The ambassador's wife, didn't know which way to look

In that country, women that dress the was she did ,aren't admired ,they are scorned, and sometimes quite verbally

If you are in doubt, don't do it. She seems like a nice lady, I don't think she actually did it on purpose Hollywood's dress code ,isn't the same ,as selling a product in a family home.

@cherry

i honestly dont know what incident you are referring to, but there has not been an iranian embassy or ambassador for many years now in the usa.

if you actually saw what women in iran were wearing these days and even years ago you would not have said what you said.

This was years ago. I read it in a book written by the Ambassador's wife . I can't recall her name. It was all about her experiences   of  while living in Iran. This was bbefore the hostage crisis and revolution

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  I actually thought she was in her 40's, but IMO 37 is too old for that short of a dress or Daisy Dukes. To me it looks like women who dress like that at that age are just trying too hard, whether they have the body for it or not.

Respected Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Where is the video?  Checked both lip scrub products that came up in a search and the only video was back at Halloween, and not Happ.  

My guess, QVC didn't want to save that video for the product.  They must have felt the old video was more tasteful.  LOL!

@Lila4Now the video is still up. I just viewed it.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

hubbo wanted her to drop something. LOL

LOL

young girls today, anything goes, he likes to go to the bank where the tellers

let it all hang out, "don't have to pay for a peep show any more" LOL

Free is free.

Wow, I don't think I would be LOL'ing if my SO was doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11I've owned silk slip dresses over the years, but they were worn for my husband's benefit only!  Not saying anything else. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

In my opinion that dress is not appropriate attire for a shopping channel show host. Yes it covers everything, but to me, it looks exactly like a shorty nightgown.