Super Contributor

Re: QVC.com not allowing me to place online orders!

@reviewer from sc wrote:

That is odd. No, I haven't had that problem. If you can, borrow a family member's or friend's computer and place an order on their computer. If it goes through, it may be your computer and the QVC website not connecting for some reason. 

Another idea just came to mind--maybe your account has been flagged by QVC?? I'm not accusing you of anything at all, but mistakes happen within a company. Maybe someone within the company accidently flagged your account?? That happened to me with another website a few years ago. I couldn't place any orders with the company. I e-mailed the company as to why, and I come to find out that they flagged my account because they were out of stock on an item. They cancelled the order, but the computer took that to be "too many cancelled orders". However, that was the first order to ever be cancelled with that company. It was no problem. They cleared that mark off my account, and I was able to order that same day. 

This is the best answer. Try it. If it still happens, then most likely your account is the problem.

Trusted Contributor

@Kaiti126   Have you put the app on your phone & tried to place an order that way?

Valued Contributor

Yep, happened to me for months,,

I kept getting a white page saying Page Can't Be Shown

I really dislike  Chrome which seems to be the choice of QVC software now.

Chrome deletes all my password which is why I dislike it.

So,,,I go to the Free Chrome Download...

I undo the "make Chrome my Default and the box under that one as well..

Then I hit download.

Now it comes up and in the Google Bar I type in QVC,

The front page comes up, it may or may not have you sign in, or it may say Hello (and your first name)..

Try that, see if it works for you.

Does for me..

I too got nowhere with customer service, they had no answer...

I leave that part of Chrome in there because its not really downloaded all the way,so its easy to go back and forth when you need it...

Good luck & Happy Easter!

Honored Contributor

@Kaiti126    I've often gotten that "Hmm something went wrong" message when my item has sold out in the color or size I wanted but the computer is not yet displaying it as sold out.  It's gone so forget it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kaiti126 wrote:

In the last 2-3 weeks, I have not been able to place an online order through QVC.com from my PC. This is 2022 and I have noticed this issue has been ongoing for years as far back as 2008! I never had this issue before and noticed it is only happening with QVC - not HSN or other websites which tells me the issue is within. Whenever I click on an item to send to my CART, I get "“Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788” or "We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable". I have used 3 different Browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge), cleared my cache of cookies, history, etc., installed all new updates, disabled my anti-virus program, contacted Windows & Microsoft folks for a fix and all said that it is an "encoding" issue on QVC's end. Getting them to fix is impossible because they say no one else is reporting this issue. Am I the only one this is happening to now? Has anyone who had this issue in the past been able to fix it on their own? I am getting the same messages through Automated Order # AND I am also not able to access the QVC Online Chat either in any browser! If QVC is reading this, please FIX IT! I am about to quit QVC entirely because of one technical glitch after another.

@Kaiti126 

I'm no expert, but the problem could be with your browser.  Try a different browser, just to rule it out.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Exactly!!!  that has happened to me as well.  It's their way of letting you know there are no more of that item without telling you there's no more of that item.  If she was to go back to the item page and click the item again she would find that item is no longer available.  It's the system catching up to people who have items in their carts but haven't ordered I think.  Sometimes I think their system can't keep up and when it does update there are people who had an item in their cart, or are still on the page and see the item click on it...the system updates and realizes that item should no longer be available.  I do wish it would just say " unavailable" but I now realize that it's just their version of "unavailable".    

New Contributor

I am having the same issue.  I called CS yesterday, and they can't seem to help.  I can order on my mobile devices, but not my laptop.  It states "Hmmm, something went wrong.  Try again...."

QVC need to fix this issue!  I have been with you over 30 years, and this is just unacceptable.  I have also used three different browsers to no avail.  Can someone please fix this problem?  I have no other issues with any other websites on my laptop.  This is QVC's issue, and their tech department needs to do something.  

Regular Contributor

Yes, it happens for me quite often and I do have intermittent internet issues that is on my end yet it's also occurs when something has sold out. Like,today the calendar. Tried calling yet that was a twenty minute wait and product sold out. Just been accepting my losses and grateful when an order takes. I also use an iPad for everything and rarely call. Tried to waitlist calendar yet not offered on my computer and representative that communicated it sold out conveyed she would have to transfer me to a different dept after offering me waitlist option. I said alright yet automated music when on and on and I decided to let the product go. Found myself chasing something that wasn't going to be 

Honored Contributor

I have not had this problem, but recently had a problem looking at sizing information on HSN.  However, the problem could be the same.  One of your extensions could be interfering.  

I had the same problem on Firefox and Chrome, but finally when I used my browser's incognito mode, the problem went away.  I haven't figured out which extension is the problem, but at least now I know I can bypass the problem by using Incognito.  I had a similar problem a few years ago being able to log into Ancestry.  I finally figured out that it was the Ebates add-on, so I no longer add those add-ons for the cash back sites.  I just go through the site instead.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kakui1212 

This is an old thread. Best to start a new one. 

Anyway, I've had a similar problem in the past. It was NO ONE'S fault except my browser. When I tried a different one, everything was okay. For example, I generally use Google as my browser. When I went to use Firefox, everything was okay. So I would suggest you try a different browser. If the issue still exists, then QVC does need to address the issue.