Occasional Contributor

QVC.com not allowing me to place online orders!

[ Edited ]

In the last 2-3 weeks, I have not been able to place an online order through QVC.com from my PC. This is 2022 and I have noticed this issue has been ongoing for years as far back as 2008! I never had this issue before and noticed it is only happening with QVC - not HSN or other websites which tells me the issue is within. Whenever I click on an item to send to my CART, I get "“Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788” or "We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable". I have used 3 different Browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge), cleared my cache of cookies, history, etc., installed all new updates, disabled my anti-virus program, contacted Windows & Microsoft folks for a fix and all said that it is an "encoding" issue on QVC's end. Getting them to fix is impossible because they say no one else is reporting this issue. Am I the only one this is happening to now? Has anyone who had this issue in the past been able to fix it on their own? I am getting the same messages through Automated Order # AND I am also not able to access the QVC Online Chat either in any browser! If QVC is reading this, please FIX IT! I am about to quit QVC entirely because of one technical glitch after another.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC.com not allowing me to place online orders!

Have you called them?

Also, you can place an order over the phone. I know it isn't the option you want, but it is an option.

Honored Contributor

@Kaiti126 wrote:

In the last 2-3 weeks, I have not been able to place an online order through QVC.com from my PC. This is 2022 and I have noticed this issue has been ongoing for years as far back as 2008! I never had this issue before and noticed it is only happening with QVC - not HSN or other websites which tells me the issue is within. Whenever I click on an item to send to my CART, I get "“Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788” or "We're sorry, but QVC.com is currently unavailable". I have used 3 different Browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge), cleared my cache of cookies, history, etc., installed all new updates, disabled my anti-virus program, contacted Windows & Microsoft folks for a fix and all said that it is an "encoding" issue on QVC's end. Getting them to fix is impossible because they say no one else is reporting this issue. Am I the only one this is happening to now? Has anyone who had this issue in the past been able to fix it on their own? I am getting the same messages through Automated Order # AND I am also not able to access the QVC Online Chat either in any browser! If QVC is reading this, please FIX IT! I am about to quit QVC entirely because of one technical glitch after another.

@Kaiti126 

Save yourself the aggravation by sending a copy of this post to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com, they can forward these issues to the IT team.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have had this problem before but it is rare. The funny thing is when I just tried to sign in I got that same message. I switched from Safari to Chrome and had no problem signing in. Also just put two items in my cart ti see if I got that message and had no problem.  Sorry can't be of help. 

Honored Contributor

Do your orders go through on the phone? Is your account in good standing?

Super Contributor

That is odd. No, I haven't had that problem. If you can, borrow a family member's or friend's computer and place an order on their computer. If it goes through, it may be your computer and the QVC website not connecting for some reason. 

Another idea just came to mind--maybe your account has been flagged by QVC?? I'm not accusing you of anything at all, but mistakes happen within a company. Maybe someone within the company accidently flagged your account?? That happened to me with another website a few years ago. I couldn't place any orders with the company. I e-mailed the company as to why, and I come to find out that they flagged my account because they were out of stock on an item. They cancelled the order, but the computer took that to be "too many cancelled orders". However, that was the first order to ever be cancelled with that company. It was no problem. They cleared that mark off my account, and I was able to order that same day. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kaiti126 The few times I recieved the "hmm something went wrong" message it was my internet.  It wasn't down, but it had a quick disconnect and reconnect.  I noticed each time I get that now it's just my own internet.  I've been able to go back to the page a couple of minutes later and I'm fine to add the item.  I get that it's aggrevating but it could be that it's not the website but rather the connection.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Kaiti126 The few times I recieved the "hmm something went wrong" message it was my internet.  It wasn't down, but it had a quick disconnect and reconnect.  I noticed each time I get that now it's just my own internet.  I've been able to go back to the page a couple of minutes later and I'm fine to add the item.  I get that it's aggrevating but it could be that it's not the website but rather the connection.  

I also have problems with my internet going in and out which will cause weird stuff to happen on some websites.

I switch to cell service and if the problem clears up I know it's my internet.

Honored Contributor

@Kaiti126   I have yet to face that ptroblem -   I order from my PC more often than any other way.  I need the bigger print and I like to do a line by line check-out, never Speed Buy.

Honored Contributor

I order by desk top, laptop, Kindle and Samsung.

I use 4 different browsers.

Never have a problem ordering, although I bet my DH wishes I did!  LOL

I am no techie....but thousands upon thousands of orders are placed everyday, every hour...so there is not  a problem across the board.

Wish I could help you...but I would suggest using automated ordering if you want something.  It is zippy fast!