New Contributor

QVC=bad and cheating business-Watch out!

I have been emailing with customer service many times today as they shipped 2 items that had been canceled. They will not refund my money until the products are returned. That normally makes sense, but QVC sent me an email confirming the cancellations on Feb. 12. On Feb. 15, I received an email from QVC that they had shipped those items and charged my account. It was their mistake and they should refund the money. However, they will not until they receive the products back. I told them that I would return the items when I got them. In my state, when a business sends unsolicited items, you don't have to pay for them. I would have sent them back. I am contacting Better Business Bureau and the state's attorney generals office tomorrow. It is the principle of the issue that makes me angry and I will follow through with it and log my complaints.

I feel that it was their mistake and they took my money and that it is illegal and immoral for them to take my money after their email told me that the items were canceled. They did not seem to care and apologized for my inconvenience. It is more than that. I am not happy and have been a good customer and will not be anymore.

***Commenting Is Closed For This Discussion***

Super Contributor

Re: QVC=bad and cheating business-Watch out!

You just want free stuff. Send the items back like you're supposed to.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Did you call? I realize a lot of simple problems can be solved via email, but in a case like this, I'd call.

Super Contributor

The solution is really, really simple.

Return merchandise.

Refund credited.

See?

I told you that it was really, really simple.

Nothing to blow a gasket over.

Regular Contributor

You cannot get a refund until you return the items in question. What part of that do you not understand?

Honored Contributor

Oh, for heavens sake! Return the items and get your refund! Or keep it. But you can't have both. Shame on you!
Honored Contributor

It sounds like they did send her items that were confirmed as being canceled. I think that was their mistake. I would at least ask for an immediate credit, once the items were scanned at the post office/UPS...as being returned.

Respected Contributor

If it's too far along in the shipping process your item will ship regardless of what your computer screen said. Technically, it should not have allowed you to cancel but it did and it happened to me although a long, long time ago; one would think they'd have that feature fine tuned by now. After an item is pulled from inventory, placed into a box or bag with a label printed and attached....what do you expect them to do? Eat the cost of that?

Respected Contributor

And there is the chance that you may in fact like the item and decide to keep it.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what you bought and then cancelled, but if it was a product that is sent direct from the vendor (like a computer) it is not a guarantee that the cancellation will stop the shipment and the cancellation notice actually says that. I know, because it happened to me.

Call customer service and tell them you expect the return shipping charges to be waived. It will cost you nothing.