Honored Contributor

Re: QVC asking for volunteer jewelry pictures

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I find it odd to request such a thing on these forums.  Not professional and it's probably someone who hacked in and is up to no good. 

No, it's not someone who got hacked asking and companies ask people to submit pictures all the time. Ellen has an entire show segment of pictures people send her and asks for them all the time - no compensation is offered. America's Funniest Home Videos has been making ABC money for decades now asking people to send them videos and only the winners are ever compensated.

The idea that suddenly QVC asking this is somehow unprofessional or involves hacking is silly.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the last piece of jewelry I bought from qvc was an Adi Paz gold wire and pearl necklace several years ago. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I saw the thread but I didn't open it.  I didn't have any idea that they wanted people to send THEIR pics. I just thought it was the jewelry.  I cannot imagine anybody would put up their picture.

I don't do costume jewelry so nothing I have would interest them, since they hardly ever sell actual gold.   Even their so-called gold shows have goo-filled and plated stuff.  I remember when Vincenze was all gold, then they started with plated and now it's almost all costume.    What a shame.  I can't even remember when I last watched a jewelry show and i used to watch them ALL the time back when they sold fine jewelry.

Regular Contributor

@GingerPeach

Every Monday night on the LOGO segment, Amy S. asks viewers to submit their photo on QVC's Facebook page (dressed up in Lori Goldstein's clothing) and she shows them to the TV viewing audience.   It's harmless ... no one is going to "track them down."

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I find it odd to request such a thing on these forums.  Not professional and it's probably someone who hacked in and is up to no good. 

No, it's not someone who got hacked asking and companies ask people to submit pictures all the time. Ellen has an entire show segment of pictures people send her and asks for them all the time - no compensation is offered. America's Funniest Home Videos has been making ABC money for decades now asking people to send them videos and only the winners are ever compensated.

The idea that suddenly QVC asking this is somehow unprofessional or involves hacking is silly.

It is silly and paranoid.

Honored Contributor

Well then, QVC ought to thank me since there was a lot more attention paid to this here than on the Jewelry thread. 

Just because people post all over the place doesn't  mean they shouldn't think twice about it.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I have lots & lots of QVC silver jewelry that i purchased through the years back when silver was more affordable. Have everything from my wedding ring, to necklaces, bracelets, and lots of earrings. I would be glad to send them a pic if I would get some kind of discount in return, but to let them use my image free for their publicity--I don't think so.  It certainly wouldn't kill them to offer something in return.