Respected Contributor

Re: QVC asking for volunteer jewelry pictures

The Anthropologie website, where I often shop, invites and displays selfies of shoppers wearing their new Anthro clothes or trying them on.  (They do this in the review section for each garment.)  Only a few shoppers give them pictures, but I have found them helpful.

Regular people are a better guide than picture-perfect models who are 100% consistent examples of their size-group.  I am bigger on top so clothes hang differently on me.  These Anthro pics show people (of all heights, weights and body types) and I get a much better idea of how a garment will look in real life.  To a lesser degree, this would be true of jewelry, as scale and presence register differently on different kinds of body-types.  It would be specially helpful with earrings.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it interesting in the OP all the pics used as examples were of 20-something's. Really? Who's buying the jewelry? Not them. Age appropriate models might be a better encourager. I personally won't play this game.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is really nothing new.  On FB, QVC and individual QVC hosts are always asking for photos of how they style their fashion, shoes and jewelry purchases.  People do it without even being asked, in fact folks attach photos to their posts all the time.  It's pretty commonplace. It seems the rarity is it happening here on the forum, so QVC appears to be asking forum posters to join in. As in everything, some will, some won't. No biggie.

Honored Contributor

It is just a promotion, no one at QVC is forcing anyone to participate.

Honored Contributor

Nobody seems willing to post a picture of themselves.  They're just saying what their favorite pieces are. 

Respected Contributor

sounds like they got the idea from another channel.

HSN's Bejeweled blog asked  Customers to share how they layer any kind of jewelry and there was a $25 gift card for the winner. some posted their jewelry pics, but just their arm or neck.

the winner posted a few lines and did not even mention any HSN jewelry

there is no incentive to post a pic on the Q . you could post product pics, but why bother. nothing in it for us

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

HSN's Bejeweled blog asked  Customers to share how they layer any kind of jewelry and there was a $25 gift card for the winner. some posted their jewelry pics, but just their arm or neck.

there is no incentive to post a pic on the Q . you could post product pics, but why bother. nothing in it for us

Aren't HSN and QVC owned by the same company?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

they may be both under IAC Interactive but they are competitors

things change so fast , maybe some else here could better answer newzie

@newziesuzie wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Aren't HSN and QVC owned by the same company?

ie

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, my sweet.

On a roll last night after talking to a friend who encourages my sense of humor.

A new day has dawned.  I had better control myself, as so much of the world fails to understand true talent.  But I see that you and another poster appreciate the good stuff.  I do see that the Q is looking for item numbers, along with pics.  So no old stuff!  I do wonder who dreamed this one up.  And how much $ they earn.  If that's the best they can do, I may just have to consider coming out of retirement.  And I won't be cheap.  But I would throw in some humor for free.

Have a good day, my little fans.