Occasional Visitor

I wonder how everyone feels about this integration if HSN and QVC? I have always felt each had their own vibe or flavor. But now, interchanging guests and merchandise, sort of taking away from each program's individuality and I don't like it. Almost like, same old, same old on each channel. How do other people feel?

Honored Contributor

@PBGV wrote:

I wonder how everyone feels about this integration if HSN and QVC? I have always felt each had their own vibe or flavor. But now, interchanging guests and merchandise, sort of taking away from each program's individuality and I don't like it. Almost like, same old, same old on each channel. How do other people feel?

It doesn't bother me that much, other than I think QVC wants to get rid of HSN and that's too bad b/c they started this business 

but only stronger business' survive ,  each station has their pluses 

Honored Contributor

@PBGV  I totally agree with you.  I don't like seeing the same items on both channels especially with different reps also.  I bought more at QVC, but for certain items I did go to HSN.  I don't care  for this merger and both channels selling the same items.  Also, lost some advantages (for customers).  For example, HSN doesn't have nearly as much free shipping now.  

Honored Contributor

@PBGV 

I understand what you are saying. Since we are seeing some of the same vendors and brands on both channels it does seem a bit repetitive. I think the individuality of the channels as they were has diminished. I wonder if sharing vendors will become even more common in the future eventually resulting in one network. 

Honored Contributor

HSN never charged me tax, they do now.

QVC never has 20% off code either.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the fact that some of the same products are sold on both channels and it depends which channel makes a better deal with the company. So...to get the best deal, we have to check both channels, no rhyme or reason.

Respected Contributor

losing the positives specific to HSN, and becoming 

homogeneous = boring

less competition is always a loss for customers

Respected Contributor

To me it shows a laziness on the part of the parent company that owns  both.  Each had its own individual characteristics which seemed beneficial to the buyer.  Now it's like watching the same program on two channels. 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@PBGV 

I can only assume that the parent company wants to destroy both Q & HSN. Or it has no clue what it is doing. It is going to sink the ship. If there has been anything positive resulting from the company’s actions I missed it. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

HSN never charged me tax, they do now.

QVC never has 20% off code either.

@SharkE 

HSN charges tax because of laws in the state you live in. It has nothing to do with QVC or anything else.