Honored Contributor

QVC and HSN prepare for a future beyond TV

Consumers shopping at Qurate's brands, particularly QVC and HSN, are able to get an experience that they won't at Amazon or other retailers -- namely the video component that the QVC and HSN networks are known for.
"We are not going to win by chasing Amazon. But we can bring products to life, and not just through TV but all forms of digital media." 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC and HSN prepare for a future beyond TV

@sunshine45 wrote:
Consumers shopping at Qurate's brands, particularly QVC and HSN, are able to get an experience that they won't at Amazon or other retailers -- namely the video component that the QVC and HSN networks are known for.
"We are not going to win by chasing Amazon. But we can bring products to life, and not just through TV but all forms of digital media." 

@sunshine45  

They may not be chasing Amazon, but their tails.

Respected Contributor

Well, how about a glitch-free website for starters.

Trusted Contributor

They better buckle up.  It's going to be a bumpy ride.  

Respected Contributor

Mike George?  (cough, cough)

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Well, how about a glitch-free website for starters.

@ Montana.  Does such a thing exist?  It's like a glitch free auto; eventually they all have their moments.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This really isn't new.  QVC has been selling and promoting themselves and their products on social media -- FB, Instagram, and Youtube -- for a while now.

Remember when Lisa Robertson used to post GILI items on her FB page for early sale, and folks would get so upset that colors/sizes sold out before they could be presented on QVC?

Look at all the FB and Instagram sweepstakes and other promotions QVC does all the time on their social media pages.  The "Blogs" thread right here has been transformed to the Sweepstakes thread, and where do they always direct you to enter?  Facebook.

There are several Beauty and Fashion Blog shows on Youtube (Courtney Cason has hosted a lot of them), interviewing designers and entrepreneurs.  Soon you'll be shopping there too. 

I make about half my QVC purchases on my phone using the QVC APP.  As far as HSN, I can use my Roku remote control (I ditched cable a while ago) and can click it to shop for items presented.

Basically, QVC has been trying to get all customers over to social media for years.  Qurate is now saying, the time has come where even more of the selling focus will be there. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45@ Montana@Kachina624

A glitch-free website would be a logical thing to offer.

Has anyone been “out there” shopping only to find they are shopping with a site offering slow-loading pages and a search feature obscured by another graphic? 

This shocks me and I cannot imagine retailers allowing their sites to exist like this.

Easy Spirit and Norm Thompson come to mind.

Amazon is not my choice for buying clothing because of the lack of ability to view them. Visibility for clothing there is poor.

And on the plus side of marketing, whoever decided on 6 Easy Pays at HSN is a genius! HSN got all my business for re-stocking my Andrew Lessman products!  In addition to 6EP, the HSN site offered extended delivery (delivery AFTER 1/7/2019) and that was PERFECT for me!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now I don’t do any social media.

QVC can hitch their wagon to social media all they want.  But I probably won’t be along for the ride.

Esteemed Contributor

They are making a big error in focusing too much on hosts.

Hiring new hosts, giving favored hosts multiple eponymous shows, turning hosts into stars and diva celebrities.....poor resource allocation.