Respected Contributor

I just looked at the QVC program guide and saw that the program listed for Saturday, February 10 shows a listing of "QVC & HSN" More to Love Weekend".  Wonder what that is about.  Are they now doing joined programming every once in a while?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I just looked at the QVC program guide and saw that the program listed for Saturday, February 10 shows a listing of "QVC & HSN" More to Love Weekend".  Wonder what that is about.  Are they now doing joined programming every once in a while?

@CLEM

Oh no! It can’t possibly be good. Keep them separate! I don’t want HSN ruined! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I only look at one product line on HSN and that's only about once or twice a year.  I've always considered H a cheap version of JTV or Q.    Q seems to quickly be sliding into last place with H.  To be a cheap version of JTV takes a lot of work. 

Valued Contributor

Mindy Grossman remade HSN from the ground up.  They have many fabulous lines there:  Sporto boots, Naturalizer shoes, Iman's jeans, Marla Wynne, Giuliana Rancic, Wendy Williams, Serena Williams, Antthony (wonderful sweater coats), and many more.  They discount heavily while QVC does not.  I love HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know, I think they are comparable.  I've been disappointed in both over the years but have also received items that I really like (from both).    I do think however that HSN offers much better clearance prices and a lot more free shipping.  I wish they had stayed separate entities.  JMO

Valued Contributor

wrote:

I don't know, I think they are comparable.  I've been disappointed in both over the years but have also received items that I really like (from both).    I do think however that HSN offers much better clearance prices and a lot more free shipping.  I wish they had stayed separate entities.  JMO

Yes, @LindaSal, I'm wondering whether they'll stop discounting as much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@OfCourse  My thoughts exactly!!

Occasional Contributor

I think I read a few months ago that QVC & HSN are merging.

Honored Contributor

@chipmonk cheeks

They are both now owned by the same parent company.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@CLEM

Oh no! It can’t possibly be good. Keep them separate! I don’t want HSN ruined! 

I agree, I'm afraid HSN will become QVC.   I buy more from HSN.  Not much, but more.

I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the future.   I'm guessing that's where the InsideQ magazine went.    Disappeared to become more consistent with HSN