Honored Contributor

Re: QVC WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Am I the only one who has been getting QVC orders from Sacramento CA for many years?    For me, it's been items in the kitchen category, including Lock & Lock.  Also I've received clothing items from that location and I cannot remember what else.   It's not drop-ship stuff, either, near as I can tell.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you all remember your ship speed will still depend on your shipping costs!  Yep.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I am not surprised.  They have been having more and more shows coming from LA and mingling with the Stars.   They are expanding all over the world and quite quickly.  They should do more business in the US.  Maybe even make a few more items here???   Maybe we have seen a downgrade in quality and service to pay for their high wages and all of this expansion.  After they started QVC China I started to notice more things made in China.  They were even beating out other Asian countries whose names I used to see.  I guess the more worldly you are the more customers you have and those of us who were ,"spoiled" in years past are no longer as important.  Sorry if I sound out of bounds just my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I hope you all remember your ship speed will still depend on your shipping costs!  Yep.

And this is supposed to mean what?  Qvc does not offer different price levels for different type of shipping.  It's the same for everyone regardless of what part of the country you live in.   

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

I'm a little confused.  Why is it ridiculous for a customer who lives L.A. to receive a package the originated from North Carolina? @ms traditional

nothing against So Carolina - but there are quite a few customers that live west of the Mississippi.  i never got a package from Chicago -  Texas - or any place but the East Coast to my recollection.  seemed weird to me -  and put West Coasters at a big disadvantage in terms of shipping time.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Am I the only one who has been getting QVC orders from Sacramento CA for many years?    For me, it's been items in the kitchen category, including Lock & Lock.  Also I've received clothing items from that location and I cannot remember what else.   It's not drop-ship stuff, either, near as I can tell.

@chickenbutt   i have never gotten a package from Sacto.  which irritates me. i am in Los Angeles.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt   Yes, I have occasionally gotten some QVC orders that came out of Sacramento, and I got them within 3 days of my order date.

But clothing and beauty items take from 10 days-2 weeks. I start reading reviews on these items a week before I get mine. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care when I get my QVC items, since I can't remember the last time I bought something that I actually needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

And this is supposed to mean what?  Qvc does not offer different price levels for different type of shipping.  It's the same for everyone regardless of what part of the country you live in.   

@truffle, whewwww.  Ok listen.  I think some may feel this new warehouse will likelyspeed up their deliveries.  I SAY IT AIN'T NECESSARILY SO.  THE OTHER factor that determines ship speed is the cost you've paid for shipping.  In other words, if it's regular shipping, there may be some faster deliveries and maybe their won't be.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

I'm a little confused.  Why is it ridiculous for a customer who lives L.A. to receive a package the originated from North Carolina? @ms traditional

nothing against So Carolina - but there are quite a few customers that live west of the Mississippi.  i never got a package from Chicago -  Texas - or any place but the East Coast to my recollection.  seemed weird to me -  and put West Coasters at a big disadvantage in terms of shipping time.

Question:  Do you shop online any place else besides the Q?  I do I must say in many places.  I just wait till my package arrives.  I'm no where near ANY of the online retailers I shop from.  I don't expect them all to open a warehouse in my area though @ms traditional.  You made it sound like it was somehow wrong for QVC to ship items you purchased from them (wherever that is) to you.  

*Call Tyrone*