Respected Contributor

Re: QVC WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

I'm a little confused.  Why is it ridiculous for a customer who lives L.A. to receive a package the originated from North Carolina? @ms traditional

nothing against So Carolina - but there are quite a few customers that live west of the Mississippi.  i never got a package from Chicago -  Texas - or any place but the East Coast to my recollection.  seemed weird to me -  and put West Coasters at a big disadvantage in terms of shipping time.

Question:  Do you shop online any place else besides the Q?  I do I must say in many places.  I just wait till my package arrives.  I'm no where near ANY of the online retailers I shop from.  I don't expect them all to open a warehouse in my area though @ms traditional.  You made it sound like it was somehow wrong for QVC to ship items you purchased from them (wherever that is) to you.  

nice for the Q to recognize that everything and everybody isn't on the East Coast after 30 years.  hey,, what's the rush?!!!! of course with Amazon Prime 2 day delivery is 2 day delivery no matter where you are. kind of 21st century-ish.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

I'm a little confused.  Why is it ridiculous for a customer who lives L.A. to receive a package the originated from North Carolina? @ms traditional

nothing against So Carolina - but there are quite a few customers that live west of the Mississippi.  i never got a package from Chicago -  Texas - or any place but the East Coast to my recollection.  seemed weird to me -  and put West Coasters at a big disadvantage in terms of shipping time.

Question:  Do you shop online any place else besides the Q?  I do I must say in many places.  I just wait till my package arrives.  I'm no where near ANY of the online retailers I shop from.  I don't expect them all to open a warehouse in my area though @ms traditional.  You made it sound like it was somehow wrong for QVC to ship items you purchased from them (wherever that is) to you.  

nice for the Q to recognize that everything and everybody isn't on the East Coast after 30 years.  hey,, what's the rush?!!!! of course with Amazon Prime 2 day delivery is 2 day delivery no matter where you are. kind of 21st century-ish.

OK.  The way it read kind of threw me off.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

EXCELLENT NEWS!   It always warms my heart when I hear about a company bringing 1,000 jobs to an area.  Bravo, QVC.  It's the good old American way............Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I heard they were opening one this summer so glad to hear it is open. Hopefully that will speed up our orders since they usually come by pony express!

If you are on the west coast, maybe shipping will be sped up for sure.

But I received a package already shipped out of CA (shipped here to Ohio) and it was a fiasco.

Took over two weeks to get here, was 'lost' in shipping somehow and came half way here, then went back to CA before arriving in Ohio. Partially a UPS issue, but can't understand why they would have shipped to OH from CA unless they didn't have the product anywhere on the east coast.

The worst part was QVC had no idea that their own distribution center was open, or what was going on when I tried to find out about where the order was.

Once they get the bugs worked out, may be OK, but prepared for some missteps at first.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I heard they were opening one this summer so glad to hear it is open. Hopefully that will speed up our orders since they usually come by pony express!

If you are on the west coast, maybe shipping will be sped up for sure.

But I received a package already shipped out of CA (shipped here to Ohio) and it was a fiasco.

Took over two weeks to get here, was 'lost' in shipping somehow and came half way here, then went back to CA before arriving in Ohio. Partially a UPS issue, but can't understand why they would have shipped to OH from CA unless they didn't have the product anywhere on the east coast.

The worst part was QVC had no idea that their own distribution center was open, or what was going on when I tried to find out about where the order was.

Once they get the bugs worked out, may be OK, but prepared for some missteps at first.

There are bound to be kinks when a new dist center opens up. I remember the Amazon fiascos and beauty.com fiascos when the first opened new ones. It is pretty pathetic that QVC doesn't make sure all their employees are educated about the important goings on of the company like a new distribution center opening. Or they did and that particular CS rep wasn't really listenting, lol.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Socal and I think it's been open for awhile.  In March I ordered the air fryer on Mar 13 and received on Mar 15.  And I just received the lo-bak trak from Ontario. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

well, first order from QVC in quite awhile and, sadly, it is not coming from this distribution center. Still coming from Virginia via pony express. Grrr. I guess only certain things will be coming from that dist. center. I only order beauty items from QVC and so far they've only come from the East coast.