Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Sells Headquarters, Studio and Distribution Centers for $443 Million

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Some companies / CEO's see no reason to be in the real estate business.  They'd rather get out of real estate and plow resulting funds back into the company's core activities.

It's a bit of a risk, of course.  In the future, they'll be subject to the whims of their landlords.  But, presumably, lease terms are long-term and predictable.

@ValuSkr 

And then there's the opposite those that arent interested in the retail business, but are focused on real estate...like the guy that bought Sears right before their demise ---he was more interested in Sear's real estate holdings than saving Sear's itself---sad

Eddie Lampert was called "The Man Who Looted the Sears Grave for Its Real Estate Riches"...................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Don't think everyone understands this high inflation could have easily been prevented.  It could be fixed beginning tomorrow morning.  

To think it continues while people and companies are struggling trying to keep their heads above water when, again, it could have been prevented and it can be fixed.  

Inflation, though, is just one of QVC's major issues.  They appear to be their own worst enemy.

How can inflation be fixed by tomorrow?  Cause and affect is what causes it.  Please enlighten me, because I have never heard of such a thing @Foxxee .

And then with the same magic wand fix worldwide inflation.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Don't think everyone understands this high inflation could have easily been prevented.  It could be fixed beginning tomorrow morning.  

To think it continues while people and companies are struggling trying to keep their heads above water when, again, it could have been prevented and it can be fixed.  

Inflation, though, is just one of QVC's major issues.  They appear to be their own worst enemy.

How can inflation be fixed by tomorrow?  Cause and affect is what causes it.  Please enlighten me, because I have never heard of such a thing @Foxxee .

And then with the same magic wand fix worldwide inflation.

Yeah, but where is it is what I want to know @kate2357 .  Just stupid things people say.  To pick fights.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

The United States DOES NOT PRINT MONEY to put it in circulation.  WE BORROW IT.  Other countries buy our debt (for instance, China).  We have to be realistic when talking about important things.  Just because we speak to an ideaology, does not make it true.  Facts.  Facts.  Facts.

The Federal Reserve Bank is not a Federal Entity.  The role it plays in the U.S. economy is to set rates at which money can ben lent.  Since our economy moves with what the Fed does (banks and other financial entities) it is almost always certain the economy will react to what the Fed does when they raise interest rates.  Rates for home loans and car loans and business loans will go up when the fed raises rates.

Supply Side Economics says it's the law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  Supply was low when we had high demand for goods and services during the pandemic.  Some supply chain is still not where it was before the pandemic, as we work with other countries to get materials and goods to satisfy the American Consumer's needs.  For instance, Apple can't get enough brand new Iphones out the door because China is having difficulty with their workforce. 

SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  No elected official can fix what goes on in the economy.  If you believe that because they say it to you, you are ill informed and it is wrong.  Go back to school and learn what they are doing to you when they lie to you @Foxxee 

Esteemed Contributor

the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A COMMAND ECONOMY LIKE CHINA.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:
I can't follow the steps but this sounds like one massive tax reduction mechanism to me.
Definitely 

Honored Contributor

and another shopping network is following suit.....

shophq.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

The United States DOES NOT PRINT MONEY to put it in circulation.  WE BORROW IT.  Other countries buy our debt (for instance, China).  We have to be realistic when talking about important things.  Just because we speak to an ideaology, does not make it true.  Facts.  Facts.  Facts.

The Federal Reserve Bank is not a Federal Entity.  The role it plays in the U.S. economy is to set rates at which money can ben lent.  Since our economy moves with what the Fed does (banks and other financial entities) it is almost always certain the economy will react to what the Fed does when they raise interest rates.  Rates for home loans and car loans and business loans will go up when the fed raises rates.

Supply Side Economics says it's the law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  Supply was low when we had high demand for goods and services during the pandemic.  Some supply chain is still not where it was before the pandemic, as we work with other countries to get materials and goods to satisfy the American Consumer's needs.  For instance, Apple can't get enough brand new Iphones out the door because China is having difficulty with their workforce. 

SUPPLY AND DEMAND.  No elected official can fix what goes on in the economy.  If you believe that because they say it to you, you are ill informed and it is wrong.  Go back to school and learn what they are doing to you when they lie to you @Foxxee 

@gertrudecloset   amen to that. I think many might have been  absent during economics. It is hard for me to understand how our money works many times.  . We cannot just print more money to spend. And yes China owns quite a bit of our debt. Also, the president, the congress and powers that be cannot control most prices and interest rates.  I am a bit older and remember the housing crisis,, savings and loan failure, closure of many banks and high interest rates in the 70's  and  80's.   In 1979 a home we bought with a Vet loan was 10% and we were lucky and grateful. Conventional and fed loans were nearly 18%on a home.  Our third home in 1987 home loans were 12-14%.  It wasn't until mid 90's they started falling. So, when I think of that I know thie rates will come full Circle around.   

Honored Contributor

@Mj12wrote:

So many companies do this (FedEx, Taco Bell, Bed Bath Beyond, a lot of chain restaurants, banks, the federal government) - for example a 30 year lease back and at the end of the 30 years they get ownership of a property back (while someone else in the meantime paid for improvements, maintenance, etc.). Whether QVC is in trouble or not I have no clue but many companies do this to improve their balance sheet and minimize risk.

Here's hoping there's enough funds to hire a decent computer programmer. Whatever company they have now really ought to get out of the business.