Respected Contributor

QVC Plus Airing Wrong Programming!

In the Washington metropolitan area--Washington, Virginia, and Maryland--millions of viewers, QVC Plus has been airing miscellaneous advertisements for hours.  The ads are from other sources other than QVC.  This means that QVC is paying the provider big bucks to advertise other sources rather than its own merchandise!

This is serious from QVC's standpoint!  Not to mention irritating for its viewers.  When I called QVC customer service, the young lady didn't understand the problem, and I'm sure won't report it.  I tried to contact the provider--Cox--but all lines were busy.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Plus Airing Wrong Programming!

My cable company has qvc plus on correctly  they are showing a Susan Graver item.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Flintstones Cable, so I don't get QVC Plus OR Evine. Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in that area, but have another ISP, and it's business as usual here.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Could it be that Cox has dropped QVC Plus over fee disputes?  Other cable providers like Dish and DirecTV have done this in the past and aired miscellaneous "stuff" to fill the airtime.  Usually the dispute is resolved and programming is restored.  Have you checked the Cox website for any announcement about this?  I have Dish, and they've done this several times in recent years to CNN, NatGeo, Fox, and other channels.  The programming eventually returned, but it was annoying in the meantime.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have Flintstones Cable, so I don't get QVC Plus OR Evine. Woman LOL

Smiley Very Happy

all Dino Heart, all the time?    

Dino-7.gif (137×263)

Respected Contributor

I have QVC plus on right now and unless my eyes have gone bad I swear they have a snow scene in the back ground. Now that is really uncalled for. Just saw it again the trees are covered with snow. Who ever came up with this idea needs to rethink what they are doing.

Honored Contributor

@fortune  This tends to bug me sometimes.  I turn over the Plus to watch a program I missed and want to see it but to no avail sometimes.  They advertise one thing but it's not at all what they show.

Honored Contributor

Not a life changer for me.......

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

I have QVC plus on right now and unless my eyes have gone bad I swear they have a snow scene in the back ground. Now that is really uncalled for. Just saw it again the trees are covered with snow. Who ever came up with this idea needs to rethink what they are doing.

Yep.  It appears QVC skipped fall or only ran a fall background for a short period of time and they've moved right into snow.

Dan Hughes mentioned it yesterday because he hadn't seen it before either.  It's way too early for that.  But then they've had the sets decorated for x-mas for a couple weeks now.

Heard Shawn the other night say she was putting her tree up now.