Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, Please State Prominently "Made in USA" on Products

That's a wonderful suggestion, @furbabylover !   Hope they heed it, and other retailers as well.

Honored Contributor

We the American consumer are partly responsible for so many of our items being made in China and other countries.  Many people won't pay the higher prices that will be charged , if manufacturers pay a living wage to American workers. I hope we do see more made in the USA goods, but I'm skeptical.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@dimin wrote:

I'm over Made In America.Everything goes through so many channelsthat the USA still gets jobs transporting and selling merchandise. Besides, I'm on a budget. I don't buy just anything and I'm often suspicious of quality,but I will do an assessment of what I will purchase individually.

I sent a letter in regarding this issue. Especially important to have transparency when dealing with foods.  If they do not say it is from the USA I will assume it is brought in from overseas and not purchase it.   I have been troubled by what I have read online about the quality of foods from China.

I feel the same.  I also check when I buy pet food and treats for our fur babies.

Contributor

I saw this and it made me think of Quaker Factory.  They were always so muck for America and their clothes were made in Viet Nam.  This was years ago so I don't know if they changed because I never bought from them again.

Occasional Contributor

The simple fact is we should be making more items in the USA. Purchasing more items made in the USA.  Just because QVC doesn't do so doesn't mean they shouldn't. This person's comment may have nothing to do with COVID.  Stop sending our future to make other countries stronger and ours poorer.  

Occasional Contributor

They may very well be! Regardless we have the right to ask QVC and expect changes. Everyone else wants changes to their particular cause. This is ours. Support American made...we have the right to ask.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Agreed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover 

QVC has a Suggestion Box thread for just such (excellent) comments.   Look to your right at the list of forums; it's the second from the bottom, just above Customer Care.

Honored Contributor

People need to to the bottom of the real reason why we dont have an abundance of USA products.   It isn't Qvc fault.  It is the american consumer   In the mid 90's Walmart, who was amping up their label, and expanding  required all their vendors to produce overseas.  They led vendors  to factories.  If the vendor had  a successful product, they got their own factory.  The reason was the ever dropping prices  at Wally world.  If you remember they used to pride themselves with made in USA product.  Then it stopped.   Many vendors lost everything when they signed contracts but refused to go overseas. Most went.  The taxes were lower, costs were down and the consumer ate it up.  Pretty soon all the little stores and us brands were gone. Walmart made it their strategy to put all competiton out of business.  No mercy.   I remember in the late 80's and mid 90's QVC had tons of stuff made in usa.  But like everyone else, they went overseas.   The world is more global with the internet  and cheaper, faster travel. It is a fact. Dont blame another country for the problem we created.  It could have been the other way around, but no one here would work for lower wages. We wanted to buy cheaper, not make cheaper. 

i haven't set foot in  a walmart in 30 years.  I go out of my way to buy American.  At timesI I  pay more, and it is more trouble. I am a one a a few, it doesnt help a lot, but it doe shelp te people I buy from.  I could have got my AC unit 300 cheaper.  But I chose American.   But thats what you have to do if you want to support  American.  You can't  complain,and go out of your way to save money and then complain.  

Honored Contributor

I would rather pay more and have more people able to get jobs than pay it out in government aid programs for people who are able to work.

There is more pride in having a job than getting aid.  It hurts me that so many positions have been just handed over to other countries, who do all they can to kill our economy.  

And so many people simply don't understand that.   Or don't care.  Maybe it doesn't matter which because the result is the same.