Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Please Hire A New Tech Director - You're Losing Long Time Customers!!!!!

Hire a new Tech Director?  Who will interview him or her? There is no one there qualified, imo. We will just get more of the same incompetence. 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Please Hire A New Tech Director - You're Losing Long Time Customers!!!!!

You would think that would be a priority in a large company like the Q.  I think it is shameful that they let these problems go on and allow our credit data to be exposed. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

The will see it here.   Most people will too 

I suspect sentence #2 is more important than sentence #1. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zefra wrote:

Can QVC Protect Our Personal Data? - Lost Cofidence In Them

Constant website problems have made me lose cofidence in QVC's ability to protect our
personal data. I'm deleting mine out of their webite and will just re-enter each time I place an order. They need to get a new Senior Tech Director and hire someone who knows what they are doing when building and keeping up a website. It's a Cluster Mess!!

@Zefra,  There's nothing wrong with presenting this thread in Community Chat, in my opinion.   It's not like those that clearly belong elsewhere, it's one of those topics that could easily fit into many subforums.   

This has been, by far, the most archaic major website -- technically-speaking -- that I've ever used.   They devote time to making the site "look pretty" but they never move beyond the superficial.  The powers-that-be seem completely blind to the problem.    Frankly, I believe whatever money they've saved by using substandard tech companies has most likely been lost since they consistently convince customers to move to other reliable sites.    I long ago removed my personal information from QVC.com.    I add it back in if I order something and then immediately remove it once the order has processed.   I have no confidence or hope this site will be professionally managed because it never has been and the complaints have been loud, well-substantiated, and copious.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Over the years, Q's competitors have upgraded and modernized their sites several times.  The customer may have to familiarize themselves with the new design, but at least the new designs WORK!  You have to wonder who is working the widgets at the Q.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Zefra wrote:

Can QVC Protect Our Personal Data? - Lost Cofidence In Them

Constant website problems have made me lose cofidence in QVC's ability to protect our
personal data. I'm deleting mine out of their webite and will just re-enter each time I place an order. They need to get a new Senior Tech Director and hire someone who knows what they are doing when building and keeping up a website. It's a Cluster Mess!!

@Zefra

Did something happen to your data?  Or perhaps there was another thread about a breach that I missed?

Respected Contributor

With the glut of tech problems here, I cannot understand why anyone would keep their CC info on this site when they can easily input the information per transaction, then delete it, or else order by phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Hire a new Tech Director?  Who will interview him or her? There is no one there qualified, imo. We will just get more of the same incompetence. 

The same ones who interview potential hosts?

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft

The new Sephora site is now unmanagable for me since TPTB 'updated'. Makes the Q seem like a house party.

Trusted Contributor

The Russians did it.   Not QVC's fault.