Valued Contributor

Stopping the phone calls is LONG overdue. QVC now is your chance to do it. With your big push for social media and customer reviews they aren't needed. Do they honestly believe anyone is swayed by a customer phone call.

Super Contributor

Phone calls are the #1 reason I never watch QVC and only shop online. I occasionally turn the TV on and find QVC, then the second they take a phone call, I'm outta there.

Super Contributor

A number of years ago I spoke to Paul Deasy on air. I recorded it and when I listened back, I sounded just as cringeable as I always thought other callers sounded. Yes, the calls need to stop NOW.

Honored Contributor

Or how about the elderly ladies who are obviously medicated or into the 'sauce' before they call at night??

Get rid of these calls, they serve no purpose; I've never been swayed to purchase something because someone extols its virtues on a phone line!!

I have always said that the calls are done to help the hosts have some voice rest.

Typical call:

Hi, say hello Martha from Missouri!

Hi host of the hour, and hello Dennis (its really Louis but who's paying attention?) LOL

I have 15 of your sweaters and 10 of your jackets. I have every piece of your jewelry and everything is divine and classy!

Why does everything sell out before presentation? I really wanted the striped lace boucle top with the matching herringbone skirt!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} <-- tongue firmly in cheek here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the need for them to be on FB either. Too many nuts around as there is.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the phone calls aren't as bad as they were years ago. BUT due to what Shawn went through I agree no calls while shes on air for a long while.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor
On 8/13/2014 focksie said:

A number of years ago I spoke to Paul Deasy on air. I recorded it and when I listened back, I sounded just as cringeable as I always thought other callers sounded. Yes, the calls need to stop NOW.

Too funny!!

Respected Contributor
Sunny, my vote is with you. Get rid of the silly phone calls!!! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
On 8/13/2014 ILikeShade said:
On 8/13/2014 focksie said:

Too funny!!

{#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor
I agree..the phone calls need to go. Reminds me of the 1980's, when I would watch Phil Donahue, and he took live calls during his show. I think Oprah did that for a while, too.