Honored Contributor

What a hassle.  I’m not sure it would be worth it. 

Valued Contributor

no online merchant has amazon beat when it comes to changing prices.

their prices change constantly. the price on some products can and often do change several times a day. 50 cents here, 2.50 there, adds up over a week.

this is not a game. it's how they make money.

while from a buyers perspective it doesn't seem "right" or "fair", it isn't against the law. we just have to know that this happens and roll the dice and hope that you get the best price when the order is placed.

don't know about qvc, but one "tool" amazon uses to adjust pricing is cookies. sadly, it works because most people don't delete the cookies on their computer on a daily basis. by leaving the cookies on the hard hard, the next time you visit the site, they know the day of the week and what time of day, most people look at product a, so going forward, at that time of day, the price for product a could be higher.

my best guess is that the wish list feature is used, as one tool to adjust pricing.

Esteemed Contributor
@iwrite That is interesting. I only occasionally order from Amazon and just one thing at a time on the day I think about it. So I never compare prices from one day to the next. My “fear” has always been that after Amazon puts the majority of retailers out of business, then we are at the mercy of Amazon. I just got an Amazon order that I placed yesterday - a set of 12 padded hangers. Looked in Target and Walmart and they did not have them. So I paid, I think it was, $15.97 for 12 hangers that showed up on my doorstep the next day with no shipping.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

QVC has always played pricing games.  I don't get how clearance prices can go up and down on a whim. Clearance means clearance; clearing it out, dumping it, making room for new inventory, etc.   I also don't get how they don't see that that practice turns people off.

Honored Contributor

It's very annoying.

QVC isn't the only one that does it either.  Once something gets marked down, it shouldn't get marked back up.  Prices change from day to day on items.