Valued Contributor

Re: QVC MODS...DAY #2...QVC FORUM PAGES FREEZING, UNRESPONSIVE OR DEAD SLOW!!!

Sunday morning and this is the 4th time I've had to get to this page.  Whatever is wrong is still wrong.  

Honored Contributor

It's taking at least 2 minutes for a reply page to come up and I had to close down the tab completely to this thread and then reopen the Community Chat Forum and then reclick on the thread I wanted to respond to. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

It's taking at least 2 minutes for a reply page to come up and I had to close down the tab completely to this thread and then reopen the Community Chat Forum and then reclick on the thread I wanted to respond to. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

Yes, I just attempted to post in the TV forum a small post.  It took over 1 minute, 30 seconds to post.

When I came on this thread, it took over 2 minutes to load the first page; who knows how long this post will take to go through.

Frustrating is an understatement.

Respected Contributor

Running into the same deal for days now - slow loads,  the site freezing

Last evening around 8:00 ish eastern i got a message under the forums header :

Lithium

Boards closed for maintenance  TRY AGAIN LATER 

Valued Contributor

Very frustrating indeed!  I wrote a long reply in another thread and lost it when I clicked post, because the web page wasn't responding.  I guess auto-save is on the fritz too.  aarrgghh!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My problem is that when someone from QVC does respond, the messages read like they are hearing about these problems for the first time.  That is impossible since we have been complaining about this website from Day 1.

Why not have banners alerting users that QVC is aware of problems? At least that.  Otherwise, many in the community needlessly worry that the problem is with their devices. Or that accounts have been compromised.

QVC needs a new plan here.  This one obviously isn't working.

Honored Contributor

Maybe everyone took off for the long weekend and no one else cares! Smiley Sad

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

What is going on with the QVC forum???  This is the second day you can barely read a post without the pages freezing or becoming unresponsive.  If you're lucky, you might get to read a post, but had to wait forever for it to load.  Some people are still having issues with jumping pages as well.  

The QVC techs NEED to get their act together.  It's been far too long, since the "new and better" system has been launched, for it not to work properly.   All the technical bugs should have been worked out by now.  

Ciao Bella  LOVE your tagline Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Well the comment that they knew of the problem and hoped to have the problem fixed shortly was at 6:13 a.m. and in California it is 4:17 my time.  To my calculation that is 16 hours later.  Incredible.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

What is going on with the QVC forum???  This is the second day you can barely read a post without the pages freezing or becoming unresponsive.  If you're lucky, you might get to read a post, but had to wait forever for it to load.  Some people are still having issues with jumping pages as well.  

The QVC techs NEED to get their act together.  It's been far too long, since the "new and better" system has been launched, for it not to work properly.   All the technical bugs should have been worked out by now.  

ITA .....   threads get poofed in an instant but it takes days to fix a glitch.    

Where are the IT people, anyway?    A slow board also makes it harder for people wanting to BUY something.