Honored Contributor

I keep seeing and hearing references to "QVC Live."  I have always thought these were live shows.  Are they mostly taped now?  I'm confused.

If you know, please enlighten me.  Thanks!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

They might be referring to the sister channels (QVC2, BeautyIQ), where they sometimes play shows that aired on QVC as reruns during the off peak hours.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LilacTree

They might be referring to the sister channels (QVC2, BeautyIQ), where they sometimes play shows that aired on QVC as reruns during the off peak hours.

@lolakimono

Oh, I see.  I don't get those other two channels.  Thanks!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

They have two other channels now, and they are sometimes live and sometimes recorded shows.  In addition, there was that period earlier in the year where the main channel started showing recorded shows early in the morning, which really confused folks.  Then they started using a flashing graphic at the top of the screen -- "Live" to show it was indeed live programming.  The "Live" is now at the bottom and a bit more subtle.  It was all so cumbersome. 

Even now, the hosts sometimes state on air, "we are live..." to bring the message home.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@lolakimono

@LilacTree

You might- QVC2, for me, is not an HD channel.  I watched A.M. Style once, and it was like bad cable access TV.  Cat SurprisedI could barely see what the patterns/colors were like on the non-HD channel.

You can view the other channels on your computer, should you desire to watch even more programming! Cat LOLCat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@lolakimono

@LilacTree

You might- QVC2, for me, is not an HD channel.  I watched A.M. Style once, and it was like bad cable access TV.  Cat SurprisedI could barely see what the patterns/colors were like on the non-HD channel.

You can view the other channels on your computer, should you desire to watch even more programming! Cat LOLCat Tongue

@lolakimono

Not likely, LOL.  I hardly watch regular QVC anymore, and I'm very spoiled with HD.  I don't watch channels without it.  But thank you!

Formerly Ford1224