Esteemed Contributor

@bobbydeeschair wrote:

Seriously people, stop the whining.  When my Macy's Estee Lauder sales person left I didn't spend an entire day crying about it.  Sheez....should have let Shawn and Amy go.  They are awful...and that awful Lori Gold whatever....

It's sales folks, they get let go all the time.  Move on get a life off of your couch.

@bobbydeeschair  Did you spend hours each day with your Macy's EL sales person?

Agree about Shwn, and Alberti can walk out with her. 

Keepin' it real.
New Contributor

Rather harsh aren't you.  I would hope you could at least empathize.  Guess not.  I feel sorry for you.

New Contributor

You sound very heartless.  You should have empathy not heartlessness.  Shame on you.

Respected Contributor

@RWBGETREAL wrote:

Oh, please. She's not doing infommercials. She has her own online shop and a thriving social media following. And if she WAS doing infommericals it woudln't be a comedown. QVC is an infommercial. 

Lisa Robertson is definitly doing Infomercials. I saw her twice yesterday on one of my local stations. I was stunned! She didn't look that great, either!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Sometimes things are just too much to be a coincidence.

One day we suddenly announce we’re (basically) shutting down Q2 and the next day all the Q2 hosts are gone voluntarily or by their own choice?

No.

Of course it's not a coincidence---they shut down a channel and they don't need the excess hosts and staff---so they do layoffs---Business 101!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@RWBGETREAL wrote:

Oh, please. She's not doing infommercials. She has her own online shop and a thriving social media following. And if she WAS doing infommericals it woudln't be a comedown. QVC is an infommercial. 

Lisa Robertson is definitly doing Infomercials. I saw her twice yesterday on one of my local stations. I was stunned! She didn't look that great, either!

@Maxine49 @RWBGETREAL  Yes, she said on her FB that is her doing the infomercials.

Great points!! Most of the Qvc hosts (the more seasoned ones) are a lot better and more authentic in their product presentation than probably every single Hsn host..Now in my opinion, Hsn has the better products but Qvc has the better hosts...Hsn presenters they all seem to take the " used car salesman" approach in their presentations..And the stories they tell about those particular products sounds like straight b.s!! They really should've cleaned house at Hsn and sent those departed Q2 hosts to Hsn if possible!! 

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Followthatdream wrote:

Very sorry to hear about anyone losing their job. I wish them all well and I hope they go onto bigger and better things. I am and have been a QVC customer but hardly buy anymore because they keep running the same items over and over for months and years. Temptations, Le Creuset, Farmer Jons Popcorn, Rastelli, Corkys, LocknLock, Dyson, etc. You would have to believe at some point that we could get more new items so the hosts do not have to act excited about something they have been schlepping over and over for years.

@Followthatdream 

And Susan Graver, Susan Graver, Susan Graver, Susan Graver, etc.

@fortune 

It would be different if the featured brands would offer new items that were TRULY unique and different, but its nothing but the same ole, same ole (with a couple exceptions) and this makes viewers change the channel and don't buy.....I blame the Buyers in this too, it seems they must press a button and buy the same stuff year after year (just look at the same ole CIJ stuff).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

A lot of people on here are assuming that QVC is laying people off due to poor sales. Quite the contrary!! Their sales in just the food category are up 60% since COVID-19 started. Its probably the usual suspects, the corporate dummies, who like to make changes based on business Just curious how do you know about growth theories rather than common sense.

Just curious, how do you know about the food category? I don't think that will continue. Do you think that is enough to cover losses on other products?  Something is happening with their finances for them to layoff employees and put QVC2 on continuous reruns. They have QVC3 on reruns. Doesn't sound good.

@elated 

You can check QVC's press releases on their parent companies website, Libertyinteractive and in some of the online financial journals too...Their second quarter report should be coming out in the next week or so.....I like to look at the CEO's press conference and their presentations to stockholders pretty interesting when they break things by categories...

The sad story is that QVC's sales and revenues have been going down for several years now, one reason is QVC has not made adjustments to keep up with the times and competition.....It has maintained a stale status quo which isnt working for them.....The parent company buying Zulilly thought it would bring in a younger demographic it included products not presented on QVC---kids clothes, kids products etc, it worked for awhile and then fell apart.....

Now they brought in a new Exec (from Disney no less) who is making some changes, but JMHO not the ones that would make a difference that the customers have been constantly asking for.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

In sales-related jobs, you're typically judged by certain sales metrics. If you aren't in the upper tier of the metrics, your job is vulnerable. I'm not a QVC exec so I don't know their metrics, but a good guess would be sales per viewer, revenue per viewer, number of viewers, whether you gain or lose viewers during your airtime, etc.

Officially the age or other non-sales related stuff shouldn't matter, but in reality, the metric goals can be adjusted to get rid of pretty much anyone they want to get rid of if they want them gone. Just find out where they're weak in a metric and make that more important and away goes the person you don't want.

In the case of QVC if they're interested in keeping someone the execs could make revenue per viewer more important and give their favored hosts programs like the computers or higher-end products that generate more revenue. (Not necessarily profit, but revenue.) Someone they don't want to keep around they could give the lower-priced items to and they'd then fall short of the revenue per viewer goal and be able to be dismissed. 

Metrics can be manipulated in all kinds of fun ways to let the execs justify firing whoever they want to fire.

@gardenman 

But sales are also very much like "what came first, the chicken or the egg"...Are sales good because of the time slot a particular host has???.....OR is the host that good in sales????......  Being banished to Q2 which is not very popular surely impacts a host's sales, so if thats what their being judged on QVC needs to rotate these prime time slots and channels and then check sales....  In fact QVC was sued a long time back, and the judge ruled that their was preferential treatment of giving male hosts the better times slots, hence better sales (back then there were a lot more male hosts)....so time slots DO impact sales....